Please sign in to post.

Extended Stay in Paris - 45 Days in Early Fall 2024 - Any Advice or Recommendations?

Good Day All,
We, three adult Americans, are looking to visit Paris France for about 45 days in early fall of 2024. We would like to rent a small apartment for the duration but are very skeptical and wary of using any places via VRBO or AirBnB due to reported scams and difficulties without a specific place and host having independent and verifiable recommendations.
Does anyone have any advice or recommendations, they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer!
Regards

Posted by
4412 posts

you should look into hotel options similar to a Marriott Residence Inn or the Hilton equivalent, where you are essentially getting a small apartment with kitchen

Posted by
902 posts

We have used AirBnb to our satisfaction with "TENDERNESS AT NOTRE DAME" and "ARCHIBALD" managed by Michel, a "Super Host". All of his listings are air-conditioned, have washing machines and are in the 5th arrondissement.

We were in Paris Sept. 4th for eight or nine nights. The heat wave broke records. We greatly appreciated the ac.

Posted by
3698 posts

I am not sure that there are a lot of apartments in Paris to be found on the Gites de France website. If you refuse to use AirBnb or VRBO, there are quite a few agencies in Paris that I have dealt with in past that were very good. The agencies are Guest Apartment Services, Haven in Paris, Paris Perfect, and Paris Autrement. In the interest of full disclosure, I have never rented with Paris Autrement. I dealt with them in the context of finding information for listing an apartment. I know people who have had great experiences with Vacation in Paris. Have you considered staying in an aparthotel like Citadines or Adagio? They won't give you the quaint Paris building exterior and decor that some people are looking for in Paris but you will know what you are getting yourself into ahead of time. By the way, what do you mean by small, specifically, how many bedrooms are you looking for? Is anyone in the group willing to sleep on a sofa bed for 45 days? Is there an area in Paris that you would prefer to be in?

Posted by
322 posts

We've had only one poor AirBnB experience, with 20 or more excellent ones. We like using the platform.

Posted by
160 posts

I always use booking.com and for at least since 2022 have probably stayed in 18 or 19 apartments through them. I am very picky. And have been extremely lucky. At least use it as a guide as you don't say what sex you are, ages or if you each one want individual bedroom for that period of time.

Posted by
6510 posts

All I could add is that 45 days would allow you to experience two, or even three, different Paris neighborhoods without too much moving hassle. If I were doing that (I wish!) I'd probably go with an apartment-hotel chain like Citadines or Adagio to simplify the moving and minimize surprises.

Posted by
3 posts

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge regarding "GAP Paris" as a reliable and trustworthy apartment rental agency?

Posted by
3 posts

Does anyone know how I can find - "TENDERNESS AT NOTRE DAME" and "ARCHIBALD" managed by Michel, a "Super Host" - on AirBnB - the two locations that were endorsed by previous occupants and recommended on this forum?