Please sign in to post.

Colosseum Confusion

Two weeks ago, I purchased tickets for the Colosseum with underground tour for our family of five for May. I selected the option to print the tickets at home. I received an email notification and receipt with confirmation code and reservation number. The email said a PDF would be attached, allowing me to print the tickets. No PDF was attached. I waited, thinking another email might follow. None did. I checked with the bank. The payment was confirmed. I am having no luck getting help. I have sent at least 5 emails to various offices including info@coopculture.it, etickets@coopculture.it, and even turismo@comune.roma.it. I have written in both English and Spanish. The only response I got was from the tourism address and they said they would pass my email along to the correct person. I have tried calling the Colosseum directly, but ALWAYS get put on held and left there! That gets expensive from the United States. Why doesn't anyone respond to my emails? Does anyone have any suggestions? I am afraid if I just show up to pick up tickets in May with a reservation number, they will tell me that I chose the eticket option. Thanks.

Posted by
22 posts

My info from coopculture was sent to my spam folder. I found it the next day after having called to have a second email sent that also seemingly didn't show up. Now I have two! E-mail said it was put in Spam because it was in Italian.

Posted by
3 posts

I checked my spam folder and didn't find anything. Thanks for the idea though. I was hoping that would be it.

Posted by
32746 posts

They might be confused getting an email in Spanish? Spanish and Italian are different.

Posted by
3 posts

Sorry. I don't know why I said Spanish. I wrote in Italian.

Posted by
5 posts

Melanie, thank you for posting your concern, I also purchased tickets for the Colosseum 11 days ago and I have not received anything pertaining the tickets, however , when I finished the transaction using my iphone I received an email from pagonline@unicredit.eu, with an untitled attachment containing same information as the email, indicating date and time of payment, order number, amount:28 eu (for 2) , payment made to www.coopculture.it and result: authorized. I have search my trash, spam, deleted, etc folders and could not find anything, also I have called the number they list for buying over the phone and the person I spoke with suggested to send an email to etickets@coopculture.it , which I did and I haven't received any response yet. I have no idea what to do, I was wondering if anyone in this forum had the same experience and what should I do next? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Posted by
6049 posts

I have the same problem- I posted in one of those above threads. I got the email confirmation but no tickets attached. I have emailed multiple addresses about 20 times now and still no response. I have given up. We leave in a few days.
I plan to just show up early and find the line for those that requested to pick up tickets at window. Makes me mad because purchasing in advance was supposed to save us time/avoid a wait but well- that's not the case now.

Posted by
2739 posts

Roxana, we just had a similar experience. E-mail from pagonline (after 3 failures they reported on 3 different cards), order number, etc. But no tickets. After a couple days, my credit card company tried to call coopculture, never got through. I made several attempts on my own, never got through. And meanwhile charge had dropped. They finally answered an email (I had to make two tries) stating that they had no record of the order, in spite of the pagonline order number.We ultimately tried again, this time going for the "English Tour" version,we did not request "print at home" on this.I placed this while on phone with my credit card company, and for whatever reason this went through successfully with an immediate reply with the info to take to the box office, and charge approved.

I believe the issues are combined between coopculture and their bank, possibly exacerbated by "#-D Secure" issues, which has never been a problem with our cards in the past.

Check your credit card. If there is no charge for this by now then it did not go. If you ahve a charge, then I suggest printing the charge and the pagonline email and showing up at the box with both of them. It's either that or call your card and tell them this was not received and you want it canceled.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you to all of you that have responded, looks like the new procedure is to print the confirmation payment email from pagonline@unicredit.eu and take it to the pick up ticket line and go from there.
I will post how my experience went later on, thanks again!

Posted by
5 posts

After reading Larry's experience, I went and checked my bank statement on line and noticed that the charged was dropped, in the meantime (two weeks later after sending them an email) I received an email from Etickets etickets@coopculture.it, saying "Dear Client, we are sorry to inform you that due to a system error your tickets have not been correctly generated. No money has been taken. The payment has been erased. Please make a new reservation"
Today I called them 2 times, calls did not go thru, went on line, most tickets for the day I want are sold out so I bought COLOSSEUM, ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE REGULAR ENTRANCE + COLOSSEUM ENGLISH TOUR (45') 18 eu each for an hour earlier that I needed, thanks fully transaction went thru, this time I did the transaction using my desktop computer, the first time I used my iphone, I don t know if that made the difference, and also received email confirmation with ticket in pdf attachment.
Hope this help, thank you Larry!