Please sign in to post.

Coliseum Tickets

We will be in Rome at the end of May. We want to do the Colosseum with the underground access. On Coopculture.it site there is an option for "COLOSSEUM, FORUM, PALATINE HILL - FULL EXPERIENCE UNDERGROUND AND ARENA ACCOMPANIED TOUR". You have to select availability, and it appears that you can only select a day/time about a month in advance, and I've been looking every day and the day a month out has either been completely sold out or maybe there is one available here or there. We will have 5 people.

Any advice on how to get tickets? I don't know what time they release them. I checked last night at like 8 PM US Eastern which would have been after midnight in Italy and that day (5/12) was not yet available. (It is now but only one slot with 2 tickets available.) I'm wondering if they release them at like 8 AM Italy local time, maybe if I get on line at 2 AM US Eastern I might have a better chance?

Thanks for any feedback!
-Steve

Posted by
1229 posts

I know Coopculture changed their process, but when I went, they listed the exact day and time the tickets for the date I wanted would be released (I think they released one day at a time but a month in advance, of that makes sense). They release them Italy time, so if it says the tickets will go on sale at 9am, that means anywhere from midnight to 3am here, depending on where you live. I woke up at midnight to push the purchase button at the exact time the tickets went on sale at 9am (or was it 8?) Italy time, and got ours for 5 ppl.

But ifs you missed this option and tickets are sold out, the only other option is to find a tour and pay for that. And if those are sold out, you could choose a tour in Italian, and just listen to RS' audio guide instead (using the tour to gain access but not for info, unless you speak Italian of course)

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks Jessica - that's what I thought, but I can't find on the site where it tells me what time they go on sale. I have a couple weeks to figure it out maybe I'll do some trial and error...