Please sign in to post.

Colosseum

Will be in Rome in May. Unable to book a one day ticket to Colosseum, Forum (no guide, just a timed priority ticket). I have tried several sites inc coopculture.it. April and May unavailable. Does antone know what is going on ? Thanks.

Posted by
114 posts

I think the tickets are only available about 30 days out. We will be in Rome in early May and checked last weekend for the Collosseum and our dates weren't available for booking yet.

Posted by
1 posts

@Melissa H --- have you been able to figure out at what time the tickets are released on the coopculture.it website?

I've been checking it every day and see the tickets are available 1 month out, but there I can only ever find 1 available spot.

I am wondering if they are released at a certain time of day (perhaps 9pm EST, as I checked today at 10pm EST and they were all but gone) and the tour guides just gobble them up?

Posted by
15800 posts

ric.s.carvalho, if it's ticket which include the underground you're trying to buy, then yes, they can sell out within minutes of becoming available. That is currently on a 30-day rolling schedule (today, tickets became available for May 11).

While coopculture doesn't state what time of day tickets go on sale, KatC posted this in another thread about a week ago:

So I spent the last couple of weeks closely monitoring the coopculture
website to see if I could figure it out and make sure I could snag
underground tour tickets direct from the source. The short answer is
that not all the tickets update at the same time, but the English
language tour tickets go up at 1:30 AM PT/10:30 AM Italy time.

With just a few exceptions, there are plenty of general-entry, timed--entry (no tours/no access to the underground tickets) left for those next 30 days so you shouldn't have any issue gettng those.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi folks, I'm getting ready to buy basic timed tickets to the Colosseum through coopculture. Does anyone know if you can purchase an audio tour once you get there? I don't want to stand in any long lines but like the idea of the audio tour.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks, Kathy, that's exactly what I needed to know. I found the coopculture site very hard to figure out. I'll download Rick's guide--Free is good! :-)

Posted by
21 posts

I enjoyed the RicK Steves audio tour. I liked that I could go at my own pace instead of following a large group. I went at my own pace, quicker in some sections and slower in others.