Please sign in to post.

(Virtual) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, April 9, 2022

We invite you to join our East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meeting!
We welcome newcomers and travelers from around the globe to our online meetings.

WHEN: Saturday, April 9, 2022 @ 11am-1:00pm (Pacific time)

WHERE: online; please RSVP on this thread
I will send the meeting link via private messages during the week before the meeting.

TOPICS
Recent and Upcoming Travels
Carol will tell us about her recent trip to Spain!
Everyone, please let me know if you have past or upcoming travels that you'd like to share!

Group Discussions
As we relaunch our physical travels, let's talk about how we revisit our past trips.
Do you look back at your pictures and photo books? Re-read your journals? Do you keep in touch with travelers you met on your journeys? How do you reminisce with your travel partners? Is your house decorated with souvenirs from past travels? Feel free to share a sample of your travel keepsakes, displays and photo diaries.

Please let me know other discussion topics for this meeting!

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted)

May 14, 2022 @ 11am PT
- let's hear from our Paris travelers!
June 11, 2022 @ 11am PT (virtual)
- I'll have just arrived back from Turkey on June 10 and look forward to sharing my trip!
July 23, 2022 @ 11am PT (please note: 4th Saturday due to my travels)

Posted by
282 posts

I’d like to attend. Looking forward to the meeting. Thanks.

Posted by
2418 posts

It feels like the month went by very quickly;
I look forward to hearing from everyone!

Posted by
39 posts

Hi, I’d like to attend, even if not for the full time. We fly to Paris the next day! One step behind diveloonie!

Posted by
299 posts

I’ll be traveling (woohoo!) enjoy the meeting all!

Posted by
4540 posts

OK, how bizarre is it that I'm happy that people can't attend the meeting?!? Only because they'll be traveling, of course!!!

Enjoy your travels diveloonie, mln!! dswind54, you're welcome to join the meeting for however much time you have, even if only so that we can wish you bon voyage! What a group we have in Paris. We will all be eager to revisit all of your trips with you on your returns!!

Buon viaggio a tutti!

Posted by
1499 posts

I think we or just I will be there. Will let you know if family matters come up. If we attend we're happy to share our trip for a few minutes. Will try to have a few pictures but we're also busy getting ready for our trip to France in 19 days. Don't feel sorry for us :)!

Posted by
3948 posts

I might be a maybe (🤣), but it will be a last minute call. Looks like it might be 10pm where I will be, so I might be finished with the day and happy to hear everyone discuss. :) Lots of mights! Happy travels, min!

Posted by
32519 posts

I hope to be free... may I pop in please?

I don't have much to say but I'm all ears!!

Actuellement - given the Paris vacuum perhaps we will all have to pipe up!!

Posted by
4540 posts

Carol, we definitely want to hear about Spain, and the planning for France, even if there are no pictures.
TravelMom, how fun would that be if you pop in and give us a "live from Europe" report. Maybe ;-)
Nigel, you're right, otherwise it may be a short meeting .... in anticipation of everyone coming back!

Posted by
32519 posts

you know, this thread could do with a bump

Posted by
4540 posts

Diane, we would love to have you! I've sent you, and everyone who has responded above as either a yes or a maybe, the link to this Saturday's get together.

For those who can't make it, we will miss you and look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Posted by
4540 posts

There is still room if anyone would like to join us. You don't have to be local, everyone is welcome!

Posted by
2207 posts

If you still have a slot, I have an early dinner date that evening but would like to drop in, if possible. Recently back from Ghent, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, London, and the Algarve, Next stops: Rome, Florence, Perugia, Seville, and back to Portugal.

Posted by
282 posts

RnR, I’d love to hear about your recent and upcoming travels.

Posted by
3938 posts

If you have room please send a link. After 2 years of no international travel we have 2 trips (flights) booked for this summer. Realizing that they will probably happen and we’d better prepare ourselves mentally and physically. Yay! What better way than to listen to recent travelers.

Posted by
4540 posts

RnR and Mona, I've sent each of you the link via private message. We're looking forward to hearing about your travels, past and upcoming!

Posted by
4540 posts

Looking forward to seeing people tomorrow, and hearing from our travelers on their various returns!

I will check this post until about 30 minutes prior to the meeting in case there is anyone who would still like to attend. I log into the meeting about 20 minutes early for anyone who needs to test their login or audio/video setup. I may not be sitting there, but if you see my "Hollywood Square" you'll know you're in the right place.

Posted by
4540 posts

Sorry, Diane, I could swear I typed that message up for you, but it sure isn't in my sent messages. I don't know what happened there, but I'm so sorry. I've just sent you a PM with the meeting link and instructions. I'll check again tomorrow morning to make sure you've gotten it.

Posted by
4540 posts

Not at all, meeting link just sent via private message. Glad you can join us!

Plenty of time, plenty of room - join us, even if you're not "local", because we're all "locals" on Zoom!

Posted by
39 posts

Hope this is the right place to post. Thanks for hosting today and sorry I couldn’t stay. Feeling antsy and hoping to check in but I guess not until the actual overseas leg. It sure is a lot more complicated than just having your liquids in a baggie! Upload this, that and edit for approval! Very interesting to hear about the covid testing on return. Hoping everyone safe travels ahead! Thanks again, Deb

Posted by
2418 posts

CWSocial is such a great facilitator! We had another cheery meeting, and learned well from shared stories.

Wish I had some butifarra to cook, but I'll have to settle for the sausage I have on hand...

Posted by
32519 posts

Thanks for hosting again CWsocial - sorry I had to run off to my double booked. I wanted to see the end of Carol's presentation - I've never been to Spain.

Posted by
1499 posts

Thanks, Avi and Catherine, for hosting. Sorry I had to leave early. Hearing the experiences of others always makes our meetings interesting! Until next time. And Avi, sadly no more butifarra for us.

Posted by
4540 posts

Terrific! Please watch for the next meeting announcement, which will be published in May, in advance of the meeting. I'll send the meeting invites via individual PMs to those who reply on the meeting thread.

Posted by
52 posts

Hello,

I am new to this group. Moved to Dublin a while back and I would love to join whenever possible.
My husband and I will be traveling to Portugal in 3 weeks and would love to share our experience after we get back.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Rebecca

Posted by
32519 posts

quanmama, Rebecca, the next meeting will be on the 14th of this month.

CWsocial is travelling at the moment so may be a little delayed in replying. The announcement usually goes up about 2 weeks before the meeting = stay tuned....

Posted by
4540 posts

Nigel, thank you for helping out while I'm traveling. So very much appreciated!!

quanmama, I will be thrilled to hear about your Portugal trip after you're back, as I will be heading there myself in July. Hopefully, we'll be able to hear about it from you at our June 11 meeting. And in the meantime, I'll be posting the announcement for the May 14th meeting today. I will also send you a private message with setup instructions to make sure you're ready to attend. We'll be happy to have you!

Everyone, we will be having our May 14th meeting as planned. I think we will have lots of travels to hear about! Please search the forum for the announcement beginning later today - there is a lot of forum activity (yay!) so it may not be on the first page of listings. You can always jump directly to the Travel Group Meetings forum page.

Posted by
52 posts

Nigel and CWSocial,

Thank you! I look forward to meeting you both and everyone else on the forum.

Rebecca