Please sign in to post.

San Francisco East Bay Travel Group Meeting - April 25, 2024 in person

Please join our East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meetings!

We welcome newcomers and visitors who happen to be in the area. Bring your photo books and journals to share the trips you've taken, ask questions about upcoming trips, and swap travel stories with others who enjoy talking about travel!

WHEN: April 25 @ 12:30 pm PT
WHERE: in-person, Orinda location, outside

For this location, I will need an accurate count, so please RSVP so that I know how many chairs to try to get on the patio.

Posted by
4637 posts

PREVIEWS: next in-person meetings:

(May - no meeting)
Thu, June 27, 2024 - a new location in Walnut Creek (not downtown)
Thu, July 25, 2024
(August - no meeting)
Thu, Sept 26, 2024
Thu, Oct 24, 2024
(November - no meeting)

Posted by
4637 posts

Location: this will be at our Orinda location; please message me if you haven't been there and need details

Seating: our Orinda location has a small patio and seating can sometimes be difficult, although it's better on weekdays and later in the day. I will go early and bring 2 camp chairs in case I can't get enough chairs on the patio.

Dogs: are welcome on the outside patio

Posted by
286 posts

On my gosh, right in my backyard! Sorry I can't join you this month, but I have noted future meeting.
I'm traveling to NYC, Philadelphia (1st time), and a few NPs, historical homes, and Civil War sites in WV & Virginia.

I've almost completed my journal of 24 years of mostly European travels.

Thanks for posting! Excited!!

Posted by
4637 posts

Christine and Barbara N, thanks for the responses, glad you can both make it!

Gail, I'm glad you found us and look forward to meeting you when your travel schedule allows! We get together in Orinda and in Concord, and a few times we've been in Walnut Creek. I'm also trying to find a place in Berkeley for variety.

Please do let us know when you can make it and I will send you details of where we are meeting.

Posted by
286 posts

I plan on attending the next 3 as they do not interfere with my planned travel schedule. October is unclear yet - and far away!

Posted by
672 posts

Berkeley would be a great addition. I’m trying to think of a good location.

Posted by
4637 posts

I looked around the last time I was in Berkeley. The cafes that have outdoor seating have just 2 or 3 small tables. There is an udon place a short walk from the Downtown Berkeley station that has plenty of outdoor tables. And Saul's Cafe further along Shattuck.

I would feel compelled for most of us to order food at either of those places. At Saul's, we probably couldn't linger. At the udon place I think we could, during the week at least.

That's all I've come up with so far that is walking distance from the Downtown Berkeley Bart station.

Posted by
4637 posts

I might have found a place in Berkeley that could work. I'll tell you about it on Thursday and see what you think.

Who else can make it on Thursday? I know we have people traveling ....

Posted by
672 posts

It's surprisingly hard to think of places. Saul's at 12:30 is likely to be crowded and hard to get enough chairs/tables together. I'll keep thinking about it and we can discuss with the others on Thursday.

Posted by
4637 posts

We may be a small group as we have travelers in Italy, Ireland and the Baltics, among others.

Posted by
102 posts

Hello!

I'm planning on being there. Can you please send me the address and what kind of purchase the facility would require, e.g. drink/lunch etc. also parking...street/lot?

Thank you!

Posted by
4637 posts

lynn3374, I've just sent you a message on this forum with the details for Thursday. Glad you can make it!

Posted by
4637 posts

Thanks, travelers, for making time today. That was fun, 2-1/2 hours went by fast!

And then I went to McCaulou's. I didn't find a hat, but I found 2 lightweight travel tops...just in time for England!!