Please sign in to post.

San Francisco East Bay Travel Group Meeting - June 27, 2024 in person

Please join our East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meetings!

We welcome newcomers and visitors who happen to be in the area. Bring your photo books and journals to share the trips you've taken, ask questions about upcoming trips, and swap travel stories with others who enjoy talking about travel!

WHEN: June 27 @ 12:30 pm PT
WHERE: in-person, a new Walnut Creek location (not downtown) outside

For this location, I will need an accurate count, so please RSVP.

Posted by
5283 posts

Location: this will be at a new Walnut Creek location, which I will send to those who RSVP.

Parking: easy and free parking lot

Menu: order inside and bring your food out to the tables; they offer sandwiches and salads, soups and sides, iced teas and lemonades; not coffee, though there is a place for coffee nearby. Bringing our own food would not be appropriate for this venue.

Seating: outdoor tables with some umbrellas, but bring a hat as I don't know about shade at that time of day.

Dogs: are welcome on the outside patio

Posted by
5283 posts

PREVIEWS: next in-person meetings:

Thu, July 25, 2024
(August - no meeting)
Thu, Sept 26, 2024
Thu, Oct 24, 2024
(November - no meeting)

Posted by
5283 posts

Barbara N and Carol, I've sent you both the location for the meeting. See you there on June 27th!

Posted by
10571 posts

Darn it, I will have to miss it. I have to prep for a medical test I’m having the next day. I would much rather come down there and talk travel.

Posted by
5283 posts

pappillon54, I've just sent you a message with the meeting location. Glad to have you in person!

Andrea, a travel meeting does sound like a lot more fun. Sorry that we'll miss you this time!

Posted by
306 posts

I plan to attend...please send me the location!

Posted by
5283 posts

Gail, glad you can make it! I've just sent you a forum message with the location.

Who else can join?

Posted by
1320 posts

I hope to be able to make this one!
It would be great to see you all.
Thanks, Catherine.

Posted by
5283 posts

Great, SharYn, glad you can make it to tell us all about your latest trip! I've just sent you a forum message with the location.

Posted by
43 posts

Hi There!

I would definitely enjoy meeting some fellow travelers in the Bay Area. I vaguely know where Walnut Creek is, so I think that it is within a reasonable distance from my (relatively) new residence. Please count me in, and send me the meeting location. Thanks!
Anne

Posted by
119 posts

Hi Catherine,
I am planning on being there, please confirm the location, if it's the one I'm thinking it is I should be able to walk there from my house with Bella.

Looking forward to hearing about recent trips that I know many of us have just returned from!
See you soon.
Lynn

Posted by
5283 posts

Anne, I've just sent you a message on this forum with the meeting location. We look forward to meeting you and sharing travel stories!

Lynn, I've just sent you the meeting location. How fun if you can walk to it. See you next week!

Posted by
5283 posts

ngcase, I've sent you a form message with the location for June's meeting.

Sandancisco, per your message on the other meeting thread, I've sent you a message with the June 27th meeting location.

Glad you both can make it and see you on Thursday!

Posted by
5283 posts

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at 12:30 in Walnut Creek!

Posted by
255 posts

Sorry I missed the June meeting—last day of my June travels. I’ll definitely try to make it in July.