Please sign in to post.

Air Canada Travel Voucher from Canceled 2020 Trip

If you, like me, had an Air Canada trip canceled last year due to the virus and had to take a voucher instead of getting a refund, I wanted to make sure you know that you can now get a refund. This was part of an agreement with the Canadian government to get government aid.

Just go to the Air Canada website and you’ll see where to click near the top of the screen. It asks for your voucher number and booking reference (mine was six letters). In my case, I did not have a voucher number. All I had was the original ticket number along with the booking reference, which they had told me last year was what I needed to book new tickets. I entered the ticket number where it asked for voucher or eCoupon number. However, the system wouldn’t accept this because it was only 13 digits instead of 15. So I called. I was on hold for an hour, but the woman who answered processed my refund in less than five minutes. She said all she needed was either the ticket number or booking reference.

I am thrilled. I wasn’t entirely confident I’d be able to use my credit before it expires in March 2022.

Posted by
2712 posts

Right after I posted my topic, I noticed that you had already posted about this, Maria. I definitely wanted the refund. Air Canada is generally not the most convenient or practical option for me. And although I am ready to travel (having been vaccinated), none of the countries I most want to travel to will let me in. I certainly hope this will change by March 2022, but it’s hard to count on anything these days.