Please sign in to post.

Turkey

Did a RS Turkey trip in 2015. Ever since we have been harassed by the carpet salesman. Constant calls and now 7 years later, tracked down my husband work email. DO NOT BUY CARPETS IN TURKEY or you will be harassed forever. Notified RS. a few years ago and again today. They need to get control over their vendors that they endorse

Posted by
1481 posts

I have been called a few times. I actually enjoyed talking to the gentleman about my visit to Turkey. But they can't harass you if you don't answer the phone. If I wrote an angry forum post every time I received a promotional email I would have to quit my job. Did you ask them to stop contacting you? I love my Turkish rug.

Posted by
5 posts

It has been 7 years with calls every few weeks. I have told them not to call and block numbers. They just keep switching prepaid phone numbers so I never know who they are. I don’t usually complain about every annoying call, but 7 years is enough and then to track down my husbands work email feels very violating. If I could figure out how to get rid of them, trust me I would have. I am not the only one from this tour. We have friends who didn’t even buy a carpet get calls do not sure who is handing out our private information

Posted by
11177 posts

I do not answer unless I recognize the number.( and want to talk to that person at that moment)

Most of the junk calls give up when they reach the answering device. A few leave a message which get the 'delete' treatment.

Best advice I have is 'don't answer'

Posted by
156 posts

Traveler I had to laugh when I saw your post, not at you but the situation you describe. I too have been harassed for years by the carpet salesmen from Turkey. I bought a small and I mean small carpet on RS tour to Turkey in May 2015, and it's been going on since then. Interesting that I took same tour in October 2014 and bought a small carpet as well although the place they took us that time was different and I didn't have a problem until after the second purchase.

I actually called the establishment listed on the receipt for the second purchase to complain and they said no one from there would be calling me and to tell whoever it was to stop calling or that I would call the police. I likely did that at that time, but it didn't stop the calls.

At first I answered the calls but over time stopped answering any unknown numbers. Now I just joke about it to my family, "the turks are after me". Provides a nice laugh for us all.

I just lump it into the annoyance of all the other scam calls one receives.

Posted by
5 posts

RS staff claim it is not their partners but someone who got the list from delivery. I’m sorry but I don’t buy that since one couple we know didn’t even buy a rug and the other hand carried home. Whatever. RS says to get name of company and report to BBB. Unfortunately I can’t ignore calls due to several reasons so will just stay frustrated. Thanks for the support

Posted by
1481 posts

Traveler,

So sorry they continue to bother you even after you ask them to stop. Agree it is frustrating. At least now you have earned the right not to be polite. As soon as you figure out who is calling, just simply hang up.

My guess is that you must get a lot of these type of cold call calls. If you have a google account associated with your phone you can look into google screening. If somebody calls me that isn't in my contact list and that I have not called before it triggers a screen. The robot asks the person to explain who they are and why they are calling. Their response is dictated so that you can read it. Then you have the option to answer or decline.