Please sign in to post.

Security Pocket Underwear/Tanks

Has anyone had any experience with the Clever Travel Companion (or similar) secret pocket tanks? These look like a great option and alternative to a neck pouch, but it would be great to hear from someone who has worn them. There are great reviews on the CTC website, but an unbiased opinion would be good.

Thanks all!

Posted by
9 posts

Hi Martha,

I'm also curious-there are a couple of other similar products by the same company I have in my cart in Amazon, but am trying to decide if they are worth the cost.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted by
56 posts

scop28, I decided to take the plunge after reading reviews on Amazon. There have been a lot of remarks about sizing, and I would have order a size up, but only my usual size was available, so I got that. There doesn't appear to be a lot of inventory at the moment - hope that changes. I'll come back and review it here. This would be the perfect option for my husband, who is refusing to get a money belt, so let's hope it works out.

Kent, not sure how to post the link. If you know, let me know and I'll try to do that. Otherwise you can check out clevertravelcompanion.com.

Thanks!

Posted by
5697 posts

I took a look at the Amazon website -- personally, I can't see any advantage over my usual $15 money belt. Possible disadvantage -- having to unpack and repack the pockets regularly in order to wash the shirts/shorts. But I'll be interested in hearing any user feedback.

Posted by
56 posts

Got the sleeveless tank top with two zip pockets. A lot of the reviews complained of a snug fit, but due to low inventory, I could only order medium. It is a little snug, but the fabric is great so it is not uncomfortable, even with plenty of cash in one pocket and credit cards/ID in the other. It is more snug than I would wear alone in most instances. But since we are traveling in the early fall (not the heat of summer), I think this is a great (and very secure) layering piece. I will order one for my husband as well, and if available, order another color for myself (could only get the grey). In the end, I think this will work better for us than a money belt. I don't mind spending a little extra money, since I value the piece of mind, and figure I am already spending a lot of money on airfare, hotels and meals. Provided the top holds up in the long run, only time will tell about that.

Posted by
339 posts

Would hidden zipper pockets work as well as a money belt? On my husband's travel quick dry shirts, all have a hidden zippered inside pocket that looks easily accessible. I may get some zippers and experiment with my own tank tops. I hate having things around my neck and mid section.