Please sign in to post.

Hiking in Andalucia

Hello guys. We will go to South Spain (Andalucia) in Spring 2023 planning to hike around. We know that Sierra de Aracena or Sierra Nevada are very nice destinations. Does anyone have a recommendation about these places? Do you know any trekking route there?
Thank you in advance!

Posted by
27095 posts

I can't do rural hikes, but the Alpujarras are a recommended area. They are not high mountains; there was no snow on the ground at the time of my visit the first week of May 2019. I imagine you're planning to rent a car, but for what it's worth there's bus service from Granada to Pampaneira (the liveliest town), Bubion and Capileira.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you very much! Alpujarra looks amazing. We have seen it is possible to reach Mulhacen peak from there. Awesome!

Posted by
32735 posts

this Forum - To the West - has been desupported for many years, kept as a research tool.

You might do better with an active Forum like Spain https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/spain

As it says in red ink at the top of this Forum,

This section of our forum has been retired. Please use a different section of our forum to ensure that others can find and respond to your question

Posted by
27095 posts

Good catch, Nigel. I read via the All Topics view and virtually never notice which forum the post is in.