So, I guess we can't trust anyone. What's really scary about the incidents that led to the Apple recall, is that the Apple Europlug adapter shown on the travel kit not only carries the CE mark, which would indicate that it had a complete safety analysis, but it also has a double insulated symbol, which should mean that in addition to the insulation provided by the plastic case, the internal wiring is also insulated to protect against a shock in case the plastic case breaks. And, the case is white, which means it lacks the UV protection provided by lampblack in black plastic, so the plastic can degrade with exposure to sunlight. (BTW, my CE Schuko plug adapters are also white.)
So, Lola, you might as well get a two pin, Type C, Europlug adapter and tape it to your Apple charger.
As for the defect reports linked by Edgar, I find them to be poorly written from a technical standpoint and therefore difficult to evaluate. The second article only talks about someone's cords not being adequate for future amperages, but that could be true for any cord. Who knows what amperage might be drawn by future devices.
As for the electrocution case, there is not a lot of information given. All we really know is that the charger did not meet "Australian safety standards". Presumably she was charging her laptop while listening to music on the earbuds! No mention as to how the fine wire in the USB cable carried enough power to electrocute her. Australia uses 240V.
Finally, the adapter/charger linked by Lola should not be used as an adapter with a polarized American plug. After looking at the enlarged view of the adapter, it appears that the wider slot, which with polarized power should be neutral, is on the right hand side, looking at the back. The left hand hole on a Swiss receptacle (with the grounding pin high) is neutral (note the N about the left hand pin on the last view). I doubt that the conductors crisscross inside the adapter. With this adapter, the device would actually "see" power that is not just not polarized, but always polarized in the wrong direction for safety.