Please sign in to post.

Orange Holiday esim - one or two for both London and Paris?

Any help is appreciated! We need an esim with phone number for a future London/Paris Trip. I've used the Orange Europe Holiday 30bg esim in France before and it worked well.

Question: Will the Orange Europe Holiday esim ALSO work in London (so one esim for both London and Paris)? OR. . .do I need to have two Orange esims at the ready - one for the UK and one for Europe?

The Orange website is quite vague, unfortunately. . .although it does appear that the UK and the Europe esims are different. I'm seeing forums where there is "some" indication that the Orange esim will cover both cities. . .but I'm not sure.

I hope you all can help clear up my confusion. Thank you!

Posted by
1226 posts

https://orange.simoptions.com/

It's confusingly written on this page, as of course the UK is no longer an EU country, but it is still in Europe.

I'm not seeing any indication of a different eSim for the UK. The same one should do both as far as I can tell.

Posted by
205 posts

Orange works in both! We used one esim that we activated when connecting in Amsterdam, then used for a week in Scotland, a week in Northern Ireland, and then on departure day in Dublin.

Posted by
342 posts

Have you looked into the O2 mobile option from the UK? How about Airola? There are other providers as well. I have used Orange on 3 separate occasions to varying degrees of success. Make sure that you have the MSISDN mobile number and the NSCE SIM card number with you in case you have to contact Orange. Also your PUK code. I used a Google Pixel 7 each time. Also, filling out the coupon (form) that was on page 4 of the 6 I received with the instructions helps to make sure that you are entering the line number and the sim card number correctly. I ran into an issue when I was trying to activate the first sim where I entered too many numbers not knowing that the first number was already being entered. Just a heads up.

Posted by
1226 posts

The Orange Holiday SIM will definitely work in the UK, it says it on the page I linked to so no worries there.

Orange as a brand hasn't existed in the UK for some years. You will probably be on the EE network in the UK. It wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility that your data rate may be throttled in the UK on Orange. I don't have any experience of that though.