Please sign in to post.

Helpful hint: iPhone 13 home button

I recently bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max. My 4 year old iPhone 6s was dying and not worth the money for a new battery. The one thing I miss on the 13 is the home button. I found this article about how to add a home button the the screen. It works. Since the button is on the screen, you can move it around to where it's convenient and doesn't block things. I'm not very technical so if I can figure out the instructions, anyone can. Hope this helps someone.
https://screenrant.com/add-home-button-new-iphone-13-virtual-how/amp/
Kathy

Posted by
16028 posts

Good to know! Would that also work on an iPad Pro with no home button?

Posted by
2668 posts

Lola, I don’t know about the iPad. I vaguely remember something in the article about an iPad but I didn’t pay attention to it.

Posted by
6265 posts

It works on the XR! Thank you! We opted for the XR instead of the SE offered to us (our ancient phone, gifted to us by a friend, would be completely unsupported in February) because of the larger screen size, but I have missed the home button.

Thank you very much!

Posted by
1647 posts

I tried using it for a while about a year ago. It actually became annoying on certain screens. You may like it though. I just got use to sliding up to close an app.

Posted by
1224 posts

Horsewoofie, I had the same annoyance when I got an 11 recently. But I have adjusted to it so much that when I pick up my daughter's 8 and try to open the screen just by tapping the face and nothing happens, I start tapping harder with frustration before finally remembering I have to use the stupid home button! Lol. It took a couple of weeks.

Posted by
101 posts

Hi, I just wanted to say that when I first got my 11 the lack of a home button made me crazy, but within about 3 days I was 100% used to the new format and now strongly prefer it. Definitely give it a chance!

Posted by
2668 posts

Jessica and MHA, the advantage of the onscreen home button is I can use both. I’ve had the phone for two months so I had long enough to adjust to just tapping or sliding the screen. Now I have the ease of both.

Posted by
11056 posts

I adjusted quickly to no home button too after thinking I couldn't cope with the new phone. Thanks for this option just in case!