Please sign in to post.

Google Trips App

I have used Google Trips App on my Iphone for past few years and found it very useful, being able to store the data related to my trips, get ideas about places to visit in europe, as well as being able to download Offline maps of the places I am planning to visit, all within the App.
Now I understand Google is planning to discontinue support for the App. Instead, google redirects the users to Google travel website. Within this website, trip related contents could be stored and trip ideas could be explored but I note these data could only be accessed while on line.
Has anyone among the Rick Steves travel community has any experience using the Google travel website to help plan their trips?

Posted by
739 posts

It was a very useful app in that you just sent various emails to you account it was attached two and it automatically put everything together so you could access your reservations and plans and emails and such very easy to use and it did most of the work.

Another example of Google becoming LESS useful as it goes on.

Posted by
103 posts

I use the TripIt app so you might look at it and see if it works for you. There's a free version as well as a paid one.

Posted by
37 posts

Have used the Google Trips app before as part of my planning holidays, but it wasn't my sole reference. It seemed convenient to have everything in one place and I am a little sad to see it go, but honestly it isn't too much of a bother for me to have info spread over different apps on my phone. I just use a folder to put all of them together.

Posted by
58 posts

Thanks for all the replies, most helpful! The info that I had stored in Google Trips App got transferred to the new "Google Travel" website within my google account. Currently, I am trying to use that website to obtain info about attractions, hotels etc, at various cities/locations in europe or for that matter, elsewhere. But that info can only be accessed on line as this is a website.