Please sign in to post.

eSim

I am confused about eSim s. Will an eSim allow my phone to have Internet connection even when I am out walking or driving in cities or countrysides? I will be in Tuscany and then Stockholm. When I've been to Europe before I usually would log on to the Internet from my phone by stopping at cafes and such. Will an eSim eliminate the need for this process?

Posted by
6323 posts

I think you're confusing internet with wifi. Internet is what you access with your cell phone coverage. For example, when you're driving and can't get wifi in a cafe or your hotel, you access the internet through your cell phone. And that is what the eSIM does as well. It replaces your current cell phone SIM (which gives you access to the internet) with a digital SIM that gives you access in Europe.

Wifi, on the other hand, is a wireless technology that allows devices like cell phones and laptops and so on, to interface with the internet. it's a good idea to access wifi when you are in a cafe or hotel because you use less cell phone data that way.