Please sign in to post.

Curling Iron in Eurpope

If I bring a universal curling iron, can I just bring an adapter or do I need a converter as well?

Posted by
2560 posts

I have a dual voltage curling brush by Conair that only needs a plug adapter to work in Europe.

Posted by
18842 posts

By all means get a dual voltage curling iron. Because of the high power consumption, you will need a transformer, making it a heavy item to carry, as well as expensive to buy.

Posted by
2104 posts

I get dual-voltage and then just bring appropriate adapter plug. One thing I used to forget was to check if there were switches for 120/220 ( or whatever the two voltages are) and the make sure It was switched correctly.

Posted by
2053 posts

Hi Kelli, you just need an adapter plug. Even on the proper setting they do seem to heat up faster and hotter so keep an eye on it.

Posted by
1353 posts

Make sure it's dual voltage. Most of the ones for sale these days are, but if you have an older one it may not be. DON'T use one that is not dual voltage - it's a good way to burn your hair off (this is the voice of experience:) You'll just need the adapter as long as it is dual voltage.

Posted by
53 posts

My advice, buy one when you get there if you have the money, especially if you are going to go back at all.

Posted by
295 posts

If its universal than it should have built in dual voltage. 110-220v Double check. If that's the case then you just need an adapter. Nice and easy no converter needed.