Please sign in to post.

Converter in Prague, Germany, and France

I have a converter plug that I used on a previous trip to Germany and Denmark. I used it for my curling iron and charging my phone. We are now going to travel to Prague, Germany, and France. Will my previous converter work for Prague and France? Thank you!

Posted by
18940 posts

"Converter plug" or plug adapter.? A converter is an electronic device that converts the 230 volts over there to around 115 volts for US appliances.

I assume you are talking about a plug adapter, like the non-grounding, two pin Europlug, the one Rick sells as the "Continental European Electrical Adapter". It should work fine, but understand that it is not grounding, so should not be used with a device that has a US grounding three prong plug.