Please sign in to post.

Visiting the Alhambra!

Does anyone have suggestions for which ticket to buy to Visit the alhambra? We'll be in Granada 3 days, and wondering if we should spend a day there?

thanks
!!!!!!!

Maia

Posted by
15593 posts

The general ticket is the one you want. It includes the 3 ticket-entry sights on the grounds. You have to choose a time for the Nasrid Palaces entry, but you can enter the others at any time during the day. Plan to spend the day, the grounds are large and there's more to see than just those 3 bits. You may want to pack a picnic lunch - while you can buy snacks and drinks at a couple of places (the ones I remember are near the Nasrid Palaces) - there are no cafes or restaurants.

I also chose the night visit to the Nasrid Palaces before spending a day and loved it.

Posted by
17 posts

Ticketmaster is trying to have me book an event at Alhambra: Dobla de Oro General

Is that what we should book?
thanks!

Maia

Posted by
5226 posts

Maia,
You can read about the different types of visits here on the official website of the Alhambra .

We booked the Alhambra General tickets.

Ticketmaster will sell whatever type of ticket you choose.

Enjoy your time in Spain!

Edited to add:

Maia,

Here's a helpful post about where to pick up your Alhambra tickets when you arrive to Granada.

Posted by
4574 posts

Depending how soon you are visiting, the General tickets may be sold out already in which case the Dobla d'Oro may be your only option. It is basically tue General + six or seven other buildings of note outside the Alhambra grounds. It doesn't define itself well, but I have read that the ticket is a three day ticket for the other buildings. Day before, day of Alhambra visit, day after.

Posted by
2114 posts

Lunch is available at the Parador (hotel) on the grounds within the Alhambra walls (and that is accessible with your ticket). Casual choices are available which may be enjoyed on their patio restaurant. If you stay at the Parador, all the better, as you have a chance to return to your room mid-day for a quick refresh, etc.

When we visited, we did the palace and historic buildings in the morning, then the Generalife (garden) afterward. If you are going in the summer, be sure to have a good hat and a bottle of water.........it can get really hot. We were there in early March a few years ago, and I would not have wanted it any warmer.

Posted by
391 posts
Posted by
8074 posts

Have the rules changed recently. Not long ago you could get a ticket for the morning or the afternoon. The palace time if in the morning meant you could not use the ticket for the Generalife ticketed gardens after 2 pm and similar rules applied to afternoon tickets.

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks Maggie! I forgot about the Paradores, and just checked Granada...wow, prices are a bit higher than when I was there 27 years ago! Now $900 a night...think we'll do AirBnb

Maia

Posted by
2114 posts

Maia,
Wow!! That price is shocking. We stayed at the Parador on some sort of senior special that was a fraction of that cost, and it also included a fabulous full breakfast! But, we were there in early March that year, so early-in-the-season likely also helped price wise.

But, you should still be able to lunch at the parador or enjoy a drink, etc. while having a nice place to sit/rest during your visit to the Alhambra.