Please sign in to post.
Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for sharing the info. Is it safe to buy Barcelona card thru their website then? I am thinking of buying the 3-4 days tour.

Posted by
27111 posts

The Barcelona Card is not a tour; it is a card that provides free or reduced-cost admission to many sights in the city, plus some transportation benefits. Go here to see a list of the free sights and those with discounts. I think it is unlikely to pay off, though I am sure it works for a few people. If you think you are one of them, Barcelonaturisme is certainly a safe place to buy the card.

As you can see from the list of covered sights, the free sights are very, very, very heavily weighted toward museums. I went to several of those museums and liked them. I have recommended them on this forum. However, most visitors to the forum present a list of sightseeing targets that is heavy on modernista architecture and light on museums. The one museum often mentioned is the Picasso Museum where, quite frankly, paying for a ticket is the least of your concerns. The major issue there is the very severe crowding once you get inside.

If you are a typical tourist, a lot of places you want to go will not be free with the Barcelona Card; they will just be modestly discounted (15% or 20% in most cases). Furthermore, ticket lines at a lot of the modernista sights are running extremely long these days. Do you want to stand in line for an hour or more at each of the popular sights, and possibly then discover that the day is totally sold out? If you buy the Barcelona Card, I think you have to stand in the ticket line to get the card discount. It's much easier just to buy an online ticket in advance.

As for the transportation benefits, much of Barcelona is highly walkable. For the part that is not, you just buy a 10-ride ticket (T-10) for 10.20 euros. It is valid on both the Metro and the buses. It can be shared with others in your group, and if you use up the full ticket, each ride costs you less than $1.20. The T-10 doesn't work for the Aerobus to the airport, however.

Posted by
1 posts

Hello!
Sorry, I don't know where you can find the tour for 3-4 day, but I know something you should know before going to Barcelona. If you plan a trip to Barcelone, please, beware of pickpockets! This May my friend Sergey was in Barcelona, and a stranger asked him for a cigarette and stole his iPhone! The interesting thing is that Sergey didn't even notice that his phone was stolen!!! So, please, be careful and don't talk to strangers:) If you are interested, you can read the article about this sad story in details, so you'll know what to expect, read here https://qawerk.com/blogs/iphone-theft-in-barcelona/