Please sign in to post.

Barcelona hotel

Barcelona hotel recommendations

Posted by
11 posts

We are booked into the Hotel Atlantis for mid October. It’s a 3 star hotel a block from Placa de Catalunya. By registering (for free) on sercotelhotels.co.uk, I got 15% off for our 4 nights.

Posted by
1189 posts

We are visiting in November and on the suggestion of another forum member we also booked near Plaça de Catalunya, which is a very good location. I won't recommend the hotel because I've not stayed there yet. You can do a Google or TripAdvisor hotel map search and you will find dozens of hotels in that area. You can check out the photos, reviews and rates for your time a visit.

Posted by
6534 posts

Decide which area you may want to stay in, then look at hotels in the area. Research hotel on sites like TripAdvisor to get an idea of styles and prices. Don’t depend on others’ recommendations since nobody but you knows what you like and how much you’re willing to pay. Prices will change depending on time of year. Once you have an idea you can come back with a more focused question.

When we were there we stayed at Hotel Balmes at C/ de Mallorca, 216. It was close to some sirtes, but further from others. We enjoyed the location.

Posted by
2400 posts

We stayed at Ibis Barcelona CentrobSagrada Familia. Decent hotel, good price. A block from the church. Two subway stops nearby

Posted by
94 posts

We're booked in at one of H10's hotels for the next week - Montcada! Looks incredible.

Posted by
15582 posts

Barcelona sights are spread out, so it's important to be near a metro station. I like being within a short walk of Plaça de Catalunya.

For research, I have stopped using TripAdvisor because I don't trust the reviews anymore. I like booking.com because the reviewers are all verified guests. I think other similar sights have the same policy - after your stay, they send you a link to rate and review the property. The only problem is that they - obviously - only include those hotels that have listed with them. OTOH there's always a big selection and different sites may have different hotels.

Frommer's rated google.com/travel/hotels as the #1 site but I keep forgetting to try it.

Posted by
343 posts

We stayed at CATALONIA
Portal de l'Angel in 2018. Great hotel, great location, and there was an RS group staying when we were 🙂

Posted by
1943 posts

We stayed at the H10-Urquinaona plaza and it was fantastic. Very close to the metro and we were able to walk all over.