Please sign in to post.

Barcelona hotel recommendations?

We are going to Spain for the first 3 weeks in October.
Can you please recommend a central hotel for the first few night nights
Gracias!

Posted by
5581 posts

What is your criteria? We stayed at BCN Fashion House a couple blocks off of Placa de Catalunya. It was a good location for us with most sites walkable from it. It is a BnB and more modestly priced.

Posted by
16261 posts

We enjoyed Hotel Jazz when we stayed there 12 years ago. More recently we stayed at the H10 Hotel Cubik, also close to Plaça Catalunya, but on the other side. I got a great price by joining their loyalty club. 😏

Staying near Plaça Catalunya makes it convenient for the bus to and from the airport, and for walking to major sights.

Posted by
8141 posts

Big city with so many places to stay.

We found an apartment 2 metro stops from Sagrada Familia on Booking.com. I like that general vicinity to stay in.

Posted by
20 posts

We stayed in Catalonia Las Cortes. Great location. Walkable to many interesting places like Museo Del Prado. Planning a trip to Barcelona September 2023, and definitely will book this hotel again.
Monica

Posted by
19 posts

Thank you to everyone who has chimed in! I really appreciate your help!😀

Posted by
6535 posts

Years ago we stayed at Hotel Balmes, C/ de Mallorca, 216 and enjoyed it. It’s near Casa Mila and Casa Batlló and 12 blocks from the Sagrada Familia. Walking to Plaza Catalunya and the Ramblas takes about 20 minutes. Walking all the way to the port is another 20 minutes. It’s only a couple blocks from the Passeig de Gràcia metro stop and very close to a number of bus lines.

Posted by
76 posts

Thank you from me as well, especially Lola. I have now booked the H10 Hotel Cubik for our trip, and joined the loyalty club for a little extra discount. We have been looking for a hotel with balcony/terrace. So many hotels in Barcelona, it’s a bit overwhelming.