Please sign in to post.

TAP Portugal

Flying them for the first time in June without doing proper research but they had the only flight times that fit my travels. I will be flying them from London to Lisbon, Porto to Lisbon, and Lisbon to London. Anyone have any experiences?
I should have posted this a LONG time ago. I leave this coming Friday, June 3 for London.

Posted by
2168 posts

We took them last year in May from Barcelona to Lisbon.. The reviews for TAP were marginally better than competition (Vueling?), so we booked them. Everything was fine- no delays. I think we may have actually gotten some kind of food, more substantial than a bag of snack mix. I'm pretty sure we checked our luggage, even though we travel with 22x14x9. I wish I could remember more; my husband misplaced his passport at check in, so that's the part I remember most. I do know we were skeptical based on the reviews and they got us where we needed to go in one piece with all our belongings.

Posted by
140 posts

Hi Charlie,
You are probably in transit now, but if you have the opportunity to get on the internet some time during your journey, I want you to know that TAP Portugal was great when we took them last year to go from Porto to Barcelona. They were on-time, there was no extra charges for checked luggage and they actually fed you on what was a very short flight. Hopefully, your flight will go just as well. By the way, here is my review of the RS Heart of Portugal Tour I took last year. Enjoy!

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/tours/have-you-taken-heart-ofportugal-tour-impressions