Please sign in to post.

Travel Pillow

Can anyone recommend a good memory foam travel pillow? I'd like to get one that is lightweight. Thanks!

Posted by
100 posts

Having just went through this myself, testing many foam and otherwise pillows, I would recommend this pillow, Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow. It has received many positive reviews and comes in four different sizes.

Posted by
1221 posts

I carried a couple of the Therm-a-Rests through Europe last year. The small size is small enough for the plane and still big enough to use in a hotel if you don't like the provided pillow. And they do compress quite nicely as advertised when you're packing them between spaces. (And you can hook them around the handle of a wheelie suitcase if you're packing light without the airlines seeming to care about that 'attachment' to the bag.)

Posted by
507 posts

I prefer a twist pillow from
http://www.contourliving.com/twist-neck-pillow

I purchased it in 1997 & use it for long flights. Since I prefer to sleep on trans-Atlantic flights, I am able to twist one end up & rest my head against it.

In 14 yrs of travel only one screener (Charles DeGaulle Airport, France) has questioned the spine of this pillow.

I carry it on my neck rather than pack it.

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks everyone! The therm-a-rest sounds like a good possibility. I had read that the pillows in the hotels were pretty bad, so I like the option of having a something to use on the plane, bus and hotel.