Please sign in to post.

Travel Hair Dryer

I'd like to buy a lightweight hair dryer to use in Europe. Can anyone recommend a brand that will work in Europe? I read elsewhere NOT to buy a hairdryer in the U.S. because they will "fry" in Europe..not sure if this is true. Thanks!

Posted by
5835 posts
Posted by
10221 posts

You just have to make sure the hair dryer is dual voltage. I bought a small "travel" hair dryer at Target years ago. I've never had a problem with it in Europe.

Posted by
9363 posts

And, of course, you will need the appropriate plug adapters to be able to plug it in.

Posted by
4402 posts

My wife bought a hair dryer that would work ONLY in Europa, 240V only and had the round European plugs. It worked very well for her, probably got it at the source of all knowledge A'zon.

Note that most bathrooms will have their own dryer which may or may not be to your liking so you're wise to BYO.

Posted by
10221 posts

I had a European dryer that I had to purchase there when my old one broke. Of course the European one was no use to me at home. I took it on my recent trip, but every place we stayed had a dryer and I never had to use it until the end of my trip. We were staying at a relative's house and she didn't have one. I gifted it to my German cousin.

As for the dryer that broke a couple of trips ago, I took it home with me and it turned out it wasn't really broken. I had neglected to change the voltage.