This will be our fourth RS trip and I would like to share what I have learned over the past three tours...
1) Even with a carry-on, I NEVER used all that I packed. I sure packed a LOT into that little bag, just in case:)
2) Nobody cares what you wear (or that you repeat the same thing multiple times). I could not tell you what anyone wore on the tours. Really. Really.
3) I usually took two light pair of black slacks and wore my jeans. Period. Nothing else ( I mean I DID wear other clothes, but did not pack other slacks, skirts, dresses). Jeans are now made of very lightweight material so I may switch to that variety this time.
4) Scarves take absolutely no room and have no weight per se. Simply wearing the same top/bottom and changing out the scarf makes it a whole new look and you really are wearing the same outfit.
5) We buy a clothesline and carry some plastic clothesline clips. That way you can tie it from one spot in the room to another and things can dry overnight if you really need to do hand laundry.
6) Oh, and that "Man in the BLUE SHIRT" reference above? Our friend, who introduced us to RS Tours, shared that he became known on one tour as the "Man in the BLUE SHIRT" since he wore the same thing multiple times. Really, folks. No one on ANY of our RS Tours ever cared. As far as we know. Take it easy on yourself. Go eco...go light:)
Goal: Even lighter
Best of Spain April 2020