Please sign in to post.

RS Rolling Backpack

I'm looking at this bag and my question to those of you who own/use this bag - how is it holding up? I'm looking at it mostly as it is not expandable, only 5 1/2 lbs, and would really force me to pack even lighter than I do. The one thing I worry about though is, if I would have to check it, it doesn't look that sturdy. Any thoughts from those of you who have this bag? (please don't mention trying other bags, I'm just wondering about this one right now, thanks!)

Posted by
1253 posts

I've had mine since 2014 and still going strong. You shouldn't need to check it, but I think it would be fine. I've used it for 2 and 3 week trips to Europe no problem.

Posted by
93 posts

I bought one for my 2019 RS tour, and it’s only had one trip, so I can’t speak to long-term durability. I knew mine would be checked as I was flying Condor and wouldn’t be able to make their weight restriction, so I bought a “sleeve” on Amazon to protect it. I do think that was wise in terms of protecting the fabric. You might consider that.

I was happy with the sturdiness of the wheels for my trip, although I have to say it was a pretty uncomfortable backpack — ok to carry a very short distance (getting on a train), but not for long distances, in my experience.