Please sign in to post.

Rolling carry on bag less than $100

We bought a SwissAir bag for last year's trip to Europe that was a spinner bag and right at the suggested 45" total measurement limits. A couple of times we had to check it. I don't want to check it this summer. Any suggestions on a rolling bag (doesn't have to be spinner) that is slightly smaller than the 45 total inches, so it will be able to be used as carry on, but less than $100? Rick's bags look great, but not in my budget since I just bought the other bag last year.

Posted by
2335 posts

I'd head over to eBags and check out their selection (here is the list of $50-100 international sized rolling carry on bags). You can sort by customer recommendation (I've found the feedback quite honest and accurate).

Posted by
8141 posts

I agree with EBags. Their prices are also great.

Last trip, my 21" roller and day backpack started getting a little heavy. I think I need to cut back substantially on what I take.

Posted by
1221 posts

TJ Maxx/Marshall's is a good go-to place for budget luggage if you want to give something a good inspection before purchase. It's also worth getting on Sierra Trading Post's e-mail list and liking their Facebook page because they often have days where it's an additional 40% off their already lower than retail prices.

Posted by
92 posts

Thanks for all of the great suggestions! Shouldn't be a problem finding something now.

Posted by
2745 posts

The TJMaxx near me had a great TravelPro rolling bag for around $70 Having used this brand for year it's generally very good.

But I see all kinds of good deals there and at their sister store, Marshalls for those of you in the US.

Posted by
13934 posts

I agree with TJMaxx too! Take your tape measure with you so you can check the actual measurements. Some companies are better than others with including sizes on the tags.

I also like ebags. I am not 100% sure, but it seems like if you sign up for their email they send you a 10% off coupon in the next few mailings.

Posted by
524 posts

I can't imagine they wouldn't talk with you about it and work something out...have you tried.

Posted by
393 posts

a decade ago i was in an Wahlgreens and got a carry-on for under $20
I is now gone - broke in a minor way after several overseas trips and then still lasted for simple trips.
You can find deals just around your corner.
My negatives: Mine had fewer pockets than the other 3 we used on the trip (to Italy) and the wheels were a bit too close together, thus the bag was tippier than the other 3. i.e. you get what you pay for.

Posted by
2173 posts

Just saw one on sale at Penney's today for $60 (half price) and very light, 5 lbs., I think. I almost bought it!