On way home from three week trip to UK which involved some new items, most of which I have been pleased with so thought I would share. I actually got most of the ideas from this forum!
1) travelpro ultra lite suitcase. Much lighter than what I had earlier and thus much easier to handle, I got the two wheel version. I have carried it on without problems on American and British air but not discount airlines so may not pass muster there.
2. eBags toiletry bag. I bought the smaller one which worked well for me. I bought a few smaller versions of things I use at home. Much more compact packing than my previous one and the pockets worked well. I always knew where things were. My old one just had two big compartments.
3. Travelon cross body purse. I picked this up in line at TJ Maxx and it turned out to perfect. Very small and so I just wore it all the time. It had a separate compartment for passport which turned out to be invaluable. I found that about half the time I used a credit card, I was asked for identification which I had not encountered previously. I had previously used one I bought at Walmart but this one was much better designed for travel.
3. I used a plastic zipped bag (not ziplock) for electronic cords ect for the first time and it helped a lot with organization. I also used a dual cord cube which was convenient for charging multiple items. I also brought extra long cords to reach oddly placed outlets but would not do again. Most plugs were easy to reach and longer cords added bulk.
4. I used packing cubes for first time. I bought two as a set which did not compress but found that I could roll most of my clothes in them. This may have been part of reason I liked my new suitcase so much, although I used the suitcase once before taking it to the UK without them and was pleasantly surprised with how much it held.
5. I also bought a small bright colored make up bag at Tj maxx. I had previously just used a zip lock bag but liked having something could identify easily by sight.
6. I brought a nylon bag for laundry. I had always used a plastic bag but I liked this better. Again easy to visually locate.