Please sign in to post.

ISO stainless steel hot pot for 110 v travel

I've been searching for a stainless steel hot pot to heat soup while on vacation. This is for US or Canada, so no concerns about 220 voltage or adapters. I've found several on Amazon but the reviews warned me off: cheaply made and didn't last long, weren't really stainless steel and rusted, had a non-stick pot coating that flaked off into your food, or had a plastic interior. I've even looked at personal rice cookers and even a 3 qt Instant Pot, which is way too large to travel with.

Not all rooms have microwaves. I just want to be able to heat some soup or veggies after a long day and not be forced to go to a restaurant if I'm tired.

Any good ideas, or entrepreneurs out there? I bet I'm not the only one who would like this.

Posted by
3950 posts

I did a google search for —stainless steel electrical pot— and saw some interesting small prospects in the first amazon link that came up. Some were small personal cookers, rice cookers or heating pots. All said they were 100% food grade stainless steel. Take a look.

Posted by
129 posts

Many hotels do not allow cooking in their rooms for various reason (wiring, smell, fire hazard).
Most of the smoke detectors in hotels are very sensitive.

Posted by
2768 posts

This is a good idea if you stay in places without microwaves. I don't have any suggestions, but I will suggest just staying in places with kitchens. Airbnb, other short term apartments, suites with kitchenettes, or just the simple chain hotels with microwaves. You can find these almost everywhere. When my son was small and just diagnosed with celiac (poor kid was a super picky eater because he was in pain every time he ate, too) we started only staying in places with kitchens. He's older now and we can eat at most restaurants, but I still insist on having at least a fridge and microwave. Now that I've stayed in apartments for so long the idea of not having access to that is highly unpleasant.

Posted by
1823 posts

This one by Norelco is plastic, not stainless steel. I travel light so don't use it for travel, but I have used every morning for at least 5 years to heat water for coffee and it works great. Norelco Hot Stuff Hot Food Beverage Maker Model TC22 and you can find it on Amazon.

Posted by
7293 posts

Most of these products are designed to boil water, not to heat soup or stew. They will burn the food and then burn out the heating element when some charred area surrounds a spot on the element. . Low heat and stirring are needed to heat soup.