I need a new bag like I need a hole in the head, especially when international travel for me is a long way off. Nonetheless, I persist. There's a good sale at EC now, which hasn't been common. I'd like opinions on a few things, if you have an EC bag.
1. 2 vs 4 wheels: I'd consider 4 wheels to justify purchasing another bag, and there are advantages. It looks like it would be nice down the aisles rather than dragging a 2 wheeled directly behind me on the plane/train. The 4 wheels on the bag look very sturdy for this type of bag, to me, but that means little as I have no experience with same.
2. Tarmac international vs Expanse international? The Expanse is lighter, allegedly by 11 ounces and sleek, and less expensive. However, the Tarmac has the add a bag (love the weight distribution of this way of carrying a bag), has a coat carrier (saves me from bringing one), and the outside of the bag has the pocket style that I'm used to using (RS bag...and my RS bag looks like new and I like it, but this is really my only shopping addiction...travel containers). But, I love all the handles on the Expanse bag. I wish both of these bags were an inch or two shorter.
3. Also, the Tarmac might allow me to carry only one bag and easily remove the plane items from the lower segment.
4. Do either of these bags fit under the seat, using it slightly as a foot stool?
5. Have any of you used this bag as your only bag, except perhaps for a small financial hidden crossbody? It's really not my clothes that fill up a bag...it's my toys and comforts, which I should work on reducing.
6. Are EC's bag measurements accurate?
7. Then there's the Expanse convertible for the rare occasions I might want to put it on my back...all 20 lbs...
So, opinions anyone?