Since I can't pack yet for my upcoming trip, I decided to clean out my travel bin. It had started out as a plastic bin in my closet, and then it took up permanent residence on top of a dresser. Then it took over the dresser top. Lately it's been eyeing the floor. It was time for me to take control. I also cleared out my suitcase and toiletry bags, and my travel day bag. My findings:
- I have more travel packets of tissue than I have regular boxes of tissue in the house. Both by number and volume. Oh, and I'd just bought more.
- I threw out about 5 packets of single use toothbrushes. They'd looked so useful at the dollar store. When I tried to use them on the plane it was like brushing my teeth with a rock.
- I took a huge handful of pens and Sharpies to work.
- I do not need any more quart size zip bags. Repeat. No more. Although I do need some gallon ones, because they were useful for sorting the crap in my travel bin.
- I should pass out plug converters as party favors. Also lip balms.
- Where in the world did those goofy socks with the Eiffel Tower come from?
- I have several money belts. I think I need another.
- Four travel pillows. I gave two to my daughter.
- Wow! Pleasant surprise. I found 150 Euro!
OK, then. All cleared out and ready to pack. Is it time to go yet?