Please sign in to post.

Carry-on sizes

I understand that 22 x 14 x 9 carry-on arenot acceptable on many european airlines. Dies anyone know?

Posted by
19092 posts

Most of the European airlines (not BA) limit the length to 55cm (21.65", about 21-5/8"), including wheels and handle, and they often have box with a 55 cm inside dimension that it has to fit in.

Measure it. 22" is a rounded number. It might be less, only 21½". But many luggage makers only count the packing space, not the wheels and handles, and the overall length will be far more than 22".

Posted by
544 posts

It can be different for different flights on each different airline. If you tell us which airline you're looking at we can help.

I used to travel carry-on only, but now I prefer having one lightweight checked bag and one very light backpack that I bring on the plane.

In my small carry-on backpack I've got a change of socks and underwear, minimal toiletries, noise-cancelling headphones, eyemask, neckpillow and the charger for my iPhone. Everything else gets checked, but I have the essentials in case my checked baggage gets delayed a day.