Please sign in to post.

Best travel pillow?

Has anyone tried the Trtl Pillow? https://trtltravel.com/ I am notorious for not sleeping during long flights, and am determined to change that! This pillow looks promising, but I would love to know what others think.

Posted by
13906 posts

There was a longish thread a few months ago about travel pillows and during that time I was getting ready to travel. I found an inflatable pillow at TJMaxx for $4.99 that worked better than any other pillow I have tried.

I kept the box in case anyone asked. It is an Inflatable Microfiber Hedbed (tm) Travel Pillow. The brand is smoothtrip.

There is a little learning curve on positioning and on how much to fill, but otherwise it was great. I had previously had inflatable pillows that were crinkly which I hated but no noise with this one.

I know this is not what you asked, but figured if you had a TJ Maxx nearby and if they were still available, $4.99 is not a great loss, lol!!

Posted by
362 posts

I actually ordered one based on a previous travel pillow discussion, but I haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet. It looks promising, especially since I have yet to find any travel pillow that works for me. Maybe my head is too heavy, but every other travel pillow that I've tried collapses uncomfortably after a few minutes.

Posted by
14 posts

I have the Trtl pillow. I really like it. I am a "head bobber" and it keeps my head up. You can position it under your chin or on either side. Very comfortable for sleeping although it can get pretty warm.

Posted by
11160 posts

it can get pretty warm

Nadine- thanks for the comment--- my 1st reaction was that it looked like it would be (too) warm

Posted by
7 posts

I just used this pillow(Kuda Outdoors Self Inflating Travel Pillow) in the last few months. It worked great. I was traveling in 3rd world countries. Bill

Posted by
1078 posts

Sea to Summit makes 2-3 inflatable travel pillows that I have used (Aeros model), I like that they fold up to the size of a lemon or lime, so far they have worked great.

Posted by
528 posts

I have one, also. I like it. It is warm, but I am always fairly chilly on flights. I have used it for car trips, too. It provides just enough support to keep my head from bobbing.

Posted by
630 posts

There was a longish thread a few months ago about travel pillows and
during that time I was getting ready to travel. I found an inflatable
pillow at TJMaxx for $4.99 that worked better than any other pillow I
have tried. I kept the box in case anyone asked. It is an Inflatable
Microfiber Hedbed (tm) Travel Pillow. The brand is smoothtrip.

Pam, is this the pillow you are referring to? It looks interesting. I'll have to check out the travel section the next time I'm in TJMaxx to see if it is still there.

Posted by
10 posts

That looks interesting, but I don't like anything to be snug on my neck...just a personal bother. I ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZHX9L1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and blew it up to try out. It seems promising. Very soft and no noise at all. My husband and kids liked it, too, so I ordered 3 more of them. I never sleep on planes either, so I'm hoping this helps. We fly tomorrow, so I'll let you know.

Posted by
1068 posts

Just curious, to date I have not used travel pillows but also have been unable to sleep on planes. When I do "nap" on a plane I usually sit forward with my head down, sometimes leaning on the tray table. Has anyone tried one of the "leaning forward" type of pillow? After my last 15.5 hour flight, I decided I have to try something! TIA

Posted by
11160 posts

Tom-- Didn't Leno have do bit on the Tonite Show where he would find 'odd' things and have the audience vote on whether it was 'real'? What you found looks it it belongs there.

Posted by
9550 posts

Tom - That joke link (which I guess is real!?!) did have something of great interest to me in the "related" links . . something to rig up as a footrest for us short people. On my flight last week from LA to Paris I was sooooo uncomfortable because my legs and feet get so tired because they have nowhere to rest!! I'm not really sure the sling pictured would do the job, but oh if it would!!

Posted by
305 posts

I have a small down pillow that I got off of Amazon. But I am currently coveting this pillow. It might be mine sometime around Christmas :) The Company Store also had a couple of other alternatives that looked interesting. They always have good quality stuff.

http://www.thecompanystore.com/down-travel-pillow/PP78.html#start=1

p.s. Well, I just ordered it as they are having a friends and family 25% off and free shipping. Will report back.

Posted by
13906 posts

Pilgrim! I am so sorry...I did not see your question from July. Yes, that is the pillow. I have now used it on 2 trips and altho I don't sleep much anyway I have been pleased with how it works. I always worry about drooling or snoring, hahaha and if positioned correctly this takes care of both of those problems! (Travel solo so no one to poke me if they occur!)

Posted by
7 posts

I bought a Kuda Inflatable Travel Pillow, earlier this year. I used it while traveling through Mexico and Guatemala. I did not trust the pillows in the hotels there. It really worked well, I used a t-shirt for a pillow case.
Bill

Posted by
630 posts

Pilgrim! I am so sorry...I did not see your question from July. Yes,
that is the pillow. I have now used it on 2 trips and altho I don't
sleep much anyway I have been pleased with how it works. I always
worry about drooling or snoring, hahaha and if positioned correctly
this takes care of both of those problems! (Travel solo so no one to
poke me if they occur!)

Pam, no worries. I actually forgot I asked the question until I saw your response. ha ha

Posted by
11160 posts

People come in so many shapes and sizes that what is a wonderful fit for one person, may be a complete misfit for someone else.

Hopefully you found something