Well, in the midst of all this chaos, we are moving. It was supposed to be a move to our new home in Abruzzo, Italy. Instead it’s a move to a rented run-down duplex across town. But we are grateful the house sold just before the virus onslaught. In an effort to find joy in unlikely places, I’m having fun digging all the years' many travel impulse buys out of their dark corners and thinking about RS-style travel.
- Tide packets, clothesline, sink stopper and microfibre towels - yup, I’m a closet sink-washer
- Carry-on travel backpacks - far more than one per capita, and I can’t even carry the darn things anymore, it’s wheels for me (lots of those too)
- Plug adapters and USB chargers - stopped counting around two dozen
- Travel wallets, money belts, cross-body purses - can I wear them all at once? Why did I buy more each trip?
- Stashes of foreign currency in at least 3 places so far
- Many European travel guidebooks to all the places I’ve been to or intend to go to.
- And et cetera...what’s hiding in YOUR closet?
(No, I haven’t managed to purge much of it other than guidebooks. I mean, we WILL travel again, right?)