Please sign in to post.

packing list

I've used Rick's packing list before, but now I can't find it. Is there a printable copy somewhere? I'm looking for just the list, no pictures, no explanations. Thanks

Posted by
10222 posts

The list is on this website. On the left of the page there are different topics. Click on Travel Tips. From that page click on Packing Light.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks, but that's not the one I'm looking for. Rick used to have a printable checklist. Maybe a PDF. I tried to print the women's list from the "packing light" link and it was three pages long with the small picture of the woman printing so large that it didn't even fit on the page. I didn't try printing the men's one, but I don't want all the description.

Posted by
4154 posts

It means extra work, but I used the women's packing list as a start and made my own spreadsheet. It could also be done as a table in a word doc.

Setting it up takes time, but once that's done, it's a breeze to fill in with the specific items for each trip.

To get started you could print the one you mentioned to refer to, one or 2-sided starting with the 2nd page.

Posted by
1446 posts

Since getting into the Apple apps for my iPad Mini and new iPhone, I'm seriously impressed with an app called 'Packing Pro' by Quinn for $2.99.

It took me a few quick minutes to use a template and customize my own template and list, then build a list for my husband. I can create and store however many separate lists that I may need. I split of all the pre-trip to-dos into a different list. I also created one as a checklist for the various tickets, vouchers and confirmation print-outs that I can add to as the planning process progresses. It's amazingly quick and easy to use. I can also print and e-mail each list.

I did this for DH: I created his list, organized in custom categories for him; e-mailed it to him, then tasked him to some of the packing categories - yeah! Then I took my own list template, and over the phone with a friend, copied it, customized it for her in a couple of minutes and e-mailed her with her own to print.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks, everyone. I ended up scanning the old RS list I had with an OCR app. The app was a little confused by my markings but it was still readable. With a bit of correction and formatting it's good. I now have the digital copy saved. I hope they put it back on the website, though; I'm sure many people have used it in the past and would continue to use it.

Posted by
21 posts

You say you are a dress person, but have you considered the inconvenience of getting to your money belt when wearing a dress? It's much easier to access when you're wearing separates. I usually take 2-3 bottoms (all pants or 2 pr. pants & 1 skirt) and some short sleeved shirts and some long sleeved shirts (percentage of each depends on expected weather) that can be worn over the short ones for an extra layer. A colorful scarf can be used for color and to dress up for evening or to cover your shoulders as needed. All fabrics should be quick to drip dry without needing ironing. Paris may have some cool weather then, but you never know so a few light layers are the best way to go. Your original list is more than I would take. One rain jacket, one sweater or light fleece, and a long-sleeved shirt to layer over a short-sleeved one are the layers I would take. A sun hat for Italy is a good idea.

Posted by
224 posts

I would just take the link posted by Ed, copy and paste it into word (if you have it) and then create a check list. You could modify it for your own needs.