Please sign in to post.
Posted by
424 posts

I got 3 of these (mens) about 3 years ago, they're fantastic! 100%merino at a quarter of the price of Smartwool or REI. Get em while you can, I've been looking for mens but they don't seem to stock them anymore.

Posted by
222 posts

We returned a few days ago from two weeks in Germany and I wore the black merino wool tee from Costco as a base layer a few times. It was fantastic! Did not wash it while on the trip but was extremely comfortable. only complaint is that it is very long and the sleeves are long. I usually wear petite sizes so just cut off the sleeves and hand hemmed them. Also, found it to be a trim fit. Great buy otherwise.

Posted by
478 posts

Mardee, thanks for sharing this! I have been watching for these tops but hadn't yet seen them this fall. I have been wearing them for the past 6+ years and they are fabulous, especially for the price. Great to use as a base layer, but also works on its own as a t-shirt or can be dressed up beneath a cardigan. They wash well, dry quickly, and are very durable.

Posted by
103 posts

Thanks for posting. I will have to check if my local warehouse has the tops!

Posted by
400 posts

Did anyone have static problems with them? I picked up a couple but they were a little difficult to try on with the static they generated. May have been from having both in the same bag and they’re still at home to be tried on again. They are a nice weight- seems like they can be worn alone but not too thick to be hot. Somewhere in between Smartwool’s 150 and 250.

Posted by
6274 posts

I've worn them once, KC, and haven't had that problem but I had them out of the bag and sitting around for several days so that my have gotten rid of it.

Now if I could only figure out how to get rid of static cling in my hair - it seems like every time I go outside, it's flying around.

Posted by
400 posts

Matter- try anti-static dryer sheets. I used to carry one when I lived in the mountains to rub on the hair when it to be too much. But good to know about the shirts! Thanks.

Posted by
1406 posts

Thank you for the find. I bought two at my local Costco for $18.99 each. Hope they last and don't pile after washing. Lately, I find that the quality of Costco-sold (not just Kirkland brand) clothing has declined. For example, I just bought a pack of fluffy socks and opened the package, only to discover that two out of five pairs have holes in them. Also, the 32 Degree garments all pile horribly after laundry.

Posted by
118 posts

Costco now has some 100% merino wool lightweight sweaters on sale for $16.99 (Katherine Barclay)

I found these at my Costco today for 12.97. Only a few sizes and colors, but they had my size, so I got a couple. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by
211 posts

I was at Costco today, and they had the Katherine Barclay merino wool marked down to $5.00! Of course, I had to buy a couple. They are thin, but much better than the wool tops that I bought there a few years ago.