Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Amsterdam?

Would like suggestions as to mid price hotels/bnb's in Amsterdam that are centrally located to the museums and the Jordann District.

Thank you.

Posted by
9098 posts

I had a good stay at the Avenue Hotel earlier this year. Its within walking distance of Centraal Station and the Jordann District. There is a tram stop in front of the hotel so everything else is just a short ride away. As and added bonus the hotel has an Ice machine and rates include a full hot breakfast buffet with a big spread!

http://tinyurl.com/nv9fypy

Posted by
921 posts

We stayed at the DoubleTree next door to Centraal Station last year. It is a fairly new, modern style hotel. Since Centraal is next door, you have very easy access to all of the Trams/buses. The walk to Jordaan is not too far and the museums are just a little further.

Posted by
6428 posts

We liked the Best Western Leidse Square Hotel, clean and convenient, comfortable enough. It's across the canal from Leidseplein, where there's a tourist office and lots of dining options, and a few blocks from Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum, and Van Gogh Museum. Quiet immediate surroundings. A large attractive old building but no charm inside. It was a good base for six nights, though a little far from Centraal Station if we'd been using the trains more. But truly, nothing in tourist Amsterdam is very far from anything else.

Posted by
8091 posts

We used to on the edge of town out by the Olympic Stadium at Amsterdam-Zuid, however our B&B sold to be split into condominiums. We now stay out at Hotel Schiphol and catch the 15 minute train into the city from the basement of the airport. It's the nicest place we've ever stayed in--huge rooms.
Amsterdam is quiet expensive for rooms, and the weekends are quite busy. It's a place where reservations are needed.
I suggest you go on Booking.com to find a place to stay.

Posted by
930 posts

We love Boogaards B&B - see them on TripAdvisor and their webpage. They were so helpful with maps, directions, restaurants, their home was so cozy, our breakfasts were the best we have ever had and each evening we had amazing Dutch homemade treats/desserts waiting for us.

Posted by
191 posts

I just stayed at Motel One. It is new and out by the RAI. Quick by train (or taxi) to the airport. There is a tram stop close to the hotel that takes you right to central station in less than 20 min. The center of Amsterdam is way too crowded. It was nice to stay out a little bit and the price was very reasonable. The breakfasts at Motel One are reasonably priced and quite filling (you can decide and pay for breakfast in the morning).

Highly recommended.

Posted by
1231 posts

I stayed on a houseboat B&B http://www.luckypiper.com

Don't remember the exact district, (several years ago) but it was centrally located, down the street from a brewery, reasonably priced, and the host was outstanding! Took us on a personal tour in his boat!