Please sign in to post.

Restaurants in Amsterdam

Looking for recommendations for $-$$ restaurants (for an August trip) - do not necessarily need to be Dutch cuisine.

Posted by
2027 posts

Take a look in the reviews section. We were there last month and I posted our restaurant reviews there, and you can read many other peoples suggestions as well.

Posted by
189 posts

Are you looking for recommendations in a specific part of town or are you willing to move about? What do you mean by $ or $$? Are there types of cuisine you prefer or do not want? Do you want sit down or are you do you want fast (I travel with kids so we look for healthy but fast options)?

More info would help with making recs.

Posted by
4 posts

We are 2 adults traveling.
Looking for sit-down restaurants.
$-$$ means cheap to modest prices.

Posted by
1308 posts

“$-$$ means cheap to modest prices.”
Cheap and modest mean different things to different people. This forum can be a wealth of information but you have to help us help you. It would help a great deal if you could share how much, preferably in Euros, you’re willing to spend per person.

Posted by
189 posts

As an example, someone recently asked the same question you’re asking and said they were willing to spend a little more for a meal since it was to celebrate. Turns out they were willing to spend 400 or 500 euros, which is more than my family of 6 budget for 2 weeks. For them, though, it did not sound that “out-of-the-ordinary.” That is why we ask. Cheap might mean 5 euros per person for some or it could mean 20 euros per person.

Also, give us an idea of what area of town.

Posted by
4710 posts

Mikliz, I'm sure I bookmarked your review and I can't find it . Sometimes this site makes me crazy searching for previous info.
About when did you post it? Sorry to bother you.
Thanks

Posted by
2027 posts

Pat--I am glad you found it:) Yes sometimes searches make me want to pull my hair out;)

Posted by
15 posts

I loved Gertrude in Amsterdam for small plates and natural wine. Foodhallen is also great for lunch or dinner - lots of options.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks to all for giving me your recommendations. Looking forward to the eating experiences in Amsterdam!