Please sign in to post.

Museumkaart

I am confused whether this pass is worth it or appropriate, for tourists, (vs residents.) The RS guidebook says the temporary pass is only good for five admissions. To upgrade the card to one- year card you must complete the registration and have the card mailed to you, and it could be to a hotel.

We are interested in theVan Gogh museum, the Rijksmuseum, the Leiden Windmill Molenmuseum, and the Dutch Resistance Museum, and a canal cruise .

RS doesn't recommend the other passes.

I appreciate any input .
Thanks to all!

EDIT: I finally took my own advice and did a Search here. From what I can gather, it's not practical for non-residents, and might be impossible if one needs a Dutch bank from which to pay. I guess I need to strike this section from my RS Amsterdam Guide book. Just asking now for confirmation that it's not an option. Thanks again.

Posted by
2342 posts

Hopefully dutch_traveller will confirm, but the prior discussions indicate that you need a Dutch bank to register and pay for the card: https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/netherlands/netherlands-museumkaart-registration Hopefully they'll update the next edition of the guidebook with this info.

You might investigate the iAmsterdam city card - though it doesn't cover Van Gogh museum any longer but it does cover several of your items plus includes a transit pass. Some places still require a time slot reservation after you buy the card (e.g., Rijksmuseum) so it might not be worth the bother.