Please sign in to post.

Venice hotels

I know this is a topic that keeps appearing but i would still like to hear some reviews on hotels or pennsionne or inns in Venice that people have found to be clean and attractive with a decent breakfast. I don't really mind what the location is since it is easy to get around in Venice. Thanks so much, Mary

Posted by
16893 posts

If you'd prefer to use this forum instead of or in addition to the hotel listings in Rick's guidebook, then you can find many of the previous posts by using the search box above for "Venice hotel" or similar topic.

Posted by
1543 posts

We stayed at Hotel Campiello and it would fit your parameters of clean, attractive and decent breakfast. We got the "small double" - and they weren't kidding, it was small, but it was priced accordingly.

Posted by
101 posts

Corte 1321 in San Polo is well locate, clean, with a nice courtyard for breakfast, helpful host, and reasonable priced.

Posted by
882 posts

Casa del Melagrano near the San Marcuola vaporetto stop and the main street that takes you to Rialto. It has a nice garden where a decent breakfast is served when the weather is good. Don't be put off by the packaged croissants in the baskets on the tables - you are given fresh bread, croissants or rolls with choice of cheeses and jams; choice of coffees and juices.

The single room I had was small but had everything I needed including a mini-fridge and overlooked the garden. Front rooms overlook a small canal and apparently it can be a bit noisy first thing in the morning with boats going about their business.

Posted by
28 posts

July 2013 we stayed at pensione Accademia and we loved the location dans quietness after busy days.

Posted by
137 posts

Mary, my wife and I stayed at the Residenza Ca' San Marco, a B&B in a 14th century Monastery located about a third of the way between Rialto bridge and St. Mark's square. Room was very nice (a little over decorated) with private bath, very quiet at night, affordable, with a great breakfast. Have a great trip! http://www.residenzacasanmarco.com/