Please sign in to post.

The last Supper

Is there any way to find out when tickets for May to see the Last Supper in Milan will be available.

Thank you

Posted by
23 posts

I have been on that sight but can't find when tickets for May will be available. Did I miss it?

Posted by
27112 posts

I've never tried to get tickets for The Last Supper, but people have reported on this forum that they got up in the middle of the night so they could try to get tickets immediately after they went on sale. It sounds as if the entire allocation of advance-sale tickets is sold very quickly (possibly mostly to tour companies).

Posted by
33 posts

I have been keeping a close watch on the site for my trip also in May. I think you get a couple of days notice of when they will be on sale. Interestingly they have had random tickets become available for both Jan and Feb on days that were sold out. I am checking every day.

Posted by
922 posts

I got tired of trying to get tickets so I booked a 3-hour walking tour with City Wonders that included the Duomo and Sforza Castle. Costs more but zero hassle.

Posted by
1547 posts

Like the previous poster said, the tickets for my dates sold out before I was out of bed at 6am. We had to book a walking tour that included it.

Posted by
33 posts

A walking tour is my back up plan as I will only have Sun pm or early Tues am available being there on the dreaded Mon. Thanks for recommending a company. At least this time I do not have to get up early in the morning for tickets.

Posted by
16265 posts

I needed tickets for March and was watching for the release date, but not checking every day, so I missed the December 11 release date. But I was still able to get tickets for the English tour two days after the release, on December 13. They did not all disappear on Dec. 11.

Posted by
121 posts

Two years ago I stayed up till midnight and still did not get a ticket. However, we purchased a small group two hour tour (about 12 of us) with City Wonders. It was a Milan walking tour that included The Last Supper. We were really glad that we ended up on the tour because we learned a great deal about Milan and had a wonderful experience at The Last Supper. We had only one full day in Milan so the walking tour allowed us what other places we wished to visit on this trip. There were many things in Milan we didn't have time for but seeing The Last Supper was a highlight of our four week Italy adventure.

Posted by
24 posts

Thank you! I will put it on my calendar. When do they release the tickets on feb 19? Will it be like midnight Italy time?

Posted by
33 posts

I think around 9.30am is what I have read in the past but it doesn’t say

Posted by
5212 posts

When I booked my Last Supper tickets (2/2018), I had registered (created a Vivaticket account) on the website (a day or two) prior to the date when tickets became available, and I was ready at 8AM (Milan time), but didn't get my tickets till around 10:20AM (Milan time)

It's interesting to note that the Last supper website [https://cenacolovinciano.vivaticket.it/ita] does specify the date and time (9:30AM) when tickets for May & June will be available, but only in the Italian version:

APERTURA PREVENDITA:
19 febbraio ore 9.30 aperture prenotazioni MAGGIO e GIUGNO 2020
Attenzione: è possibile acquistare al massimo 5 biglietti

And... Not in the English version:

PRE-SALE OPENING:
19th February: opening reservation for May and June 2020
Please notice: it's possible to purchase a maximum of 5 tickets

I urge you to create your Vivaticket account in advance, so you'll be ready to book your tickets as soon as they become available. In my experience, tickets were sold out within seconds!

You may want to read this post for more information:Last Supper tickets

Good luck to you!

Posted by
312 posts

Also, if initially it says there are no tickets for your date, persevere. I started trying to book mine as soon as they were supposed to be available, but the site behaves very strangely due to all the people trying to use it at once, and you can get bogus messages that will change later. It took me almost two hours of trying, but I got my ticket.

Posted by
117 posts

I have also read that you will need several credit cards ready because it doesn't always take the first one. You might also try calling your credit card company to tell them you will be purchasing international tickets. Do get an account ahead of time so you are ready to go.

Posted by
22 posts

It seems that what Stephen says above is true - this is a tourist scam. It seems to be nearly impossible to get the tickets directly, and the tour companies minimize access to the least expensive (hour or less) tours to force people to buy the more expensive tours. Or am I missing something?

Posted by
1481 posts

When I bought my Last Supper tickets, I watched the website nearly daily until they announced the release day and time. I got up at 3:15 am (9:15 Milan time). I had my tickets by 3:34 am. I did need to try twice with a second credit card. The site wants verified by Visa cards.

Good Luck!

Posted by
16265 posts

Regarding credit cards, you need on that is “3D Secure” ( this is true of many Italian booking websites, apart from hotels). American Express should work fine. Visa cards need to be Verified by Visa.

Posted by
33 posts

Tickets now available and I managed to get mine. If you missed out keep checking as they only had 4 time slots you could choose for each day. They must add more at a later date/time.

Posted by
6054 posts

Eileen
Can you tell me what time that was in Milan time that you were able to get them? ( and for what date)
I’ll be looking in June I guess for tix in September
Thanks

Posted by
2498 posts

I got them too!!

The only day we are going to be there is the first Sunday of June which is the free day each month. You have to call rather than reserve online. I got up at 2:15 am (9:15 am in Milan) and started calling nonstop at 9:30am local time. I called for a little over an hour but best I got was the phone ringing 8-12 times (I counted!) and then disconnected. I went back to bed after 80 minutes.

Then I called again this morning at 7:30 am which is 2:30 pm in Milan. I got through on second try and got two tickets for 3:30 pm tour for 7 euros! Tickets, as I said are free this day, so that is the tour price.

I am delighted!

Posted by
94 posts

I also was able to get 2 tickets for May 7. The website (sold through Vivaticket) said that May and June tickets would start to go on sale February 19. The Italian version of the page said 9:30. Time was not mentioned on the English version of the same page. So I was up in the middle of the night, and was logged in to my account and ready to go at 9:30 Italy time.
A few seconds after 9:30 (while refreshing my screen frequently), May tickets popped up as available. I selected my date. Only 4 time frames showed up as available. I clicked a time, selected 2 tickets, and proceeded to checkout.

I believe the software gave you 15 minutes or so, to complete the transaction. My initial transaction was denied and I got an alert message on my phone from my credit card company asking if this was a valid transaction. Once I replied yes, the CC message replied that I should be able to complete the transaction. I resubmitted the form and it went through successfully. I was within my time frame so all was good.

I was surprised that only 4 time slots were were showing availability for my date in May, when I was making the purchase literally a couple of seconds after they went on sale. As I look this morning, May is currently showing 2 days available and June is showing 6 days with times available. All the available dates are showing the 4 same time slots right now. I have to believe more time slots will open up from time to time.

Anyone looking for May and June needs to check frequently as perhaps more days and times become available. Anyone looking for future dates, should watch the website to see the time and date that future months open up. Then be ready to purchase and be logged in immediately at that time.

Good luck to all!

Posted by
33 posts

Like Ellen I was logged onto the site early around 9.20 Milan time (no early wake up for me as it was 9 .20pm NZ time). They had a queue management system that took 2 mins for me to get onto the site, it tells you how long you have to wait. Then I kept refreshing until the dates became available around 9.31. As I wanted an early time I ended up with the English guided tour and I had to go back and select that option for payment so I had two things in my cart. After I finished that transaction I went back to check my other date and the queue to get on was 30 mins with only a few dates sold out and some times sold out. As mentioned they were only selling four time slots so keep checking or ring them. I have been checking the site frequently to check when these tickets would be on sale and tickets become available on a frequent random basis but for now May and June are sold out.

Posted by
16265 posts

Now it says all days in May and June are fully booked. But do keep checking back.

There are a number of slots available on March 4.