Please sign in to post.

Last Supper Tickets

Tickets to see the Last Supper in either May or June went on sale today.

At 9 AM, Milan time, tickets still weren't available. At 10:30 Milan time, the only tickets left on the days I wanted to go was when you also had to take a guided tour. I got the last one for my time period.

When I just checked, most days were already sold out.

I would guess local tour companies must have a plan or way to buy up most of the tickets.

Posted by
27111 posts

Based on what I've read on this forum, The Last Supper is harder to get tickets to than the Alhambra. I think the only way to have a chance is to get up in the middle of the night when tickets go on sale, and your experience shows that even that is no guarantee unless you sit at your computer and refresh the screen constantly.

Posted by
11156 posts

We had to buy them through an agency at a hgiger price the two times we we went. Maddening but worth the price.

Posted by
5211 posts

Frank II,

I would guess local tour companies must have a plan or way to buy up most of the tickets.

It's really insane how fast those tickets sell out! I started checking at 8AM, Milan time, and was unsuccessful until around 10:20AM, Milan time.

The only tickets for my date were also the ones that include a guided tour (in Italian no less!)

I'm just happy to finally have a ticket to see this masterpiece!

Enjoy your trip!

Edited to add...

I just checked and there are only a handful of tickets left for the month of May!

Here is the official website for booking your 'Last Supper' tickets: Cenacolovinciano.net

Posted by
402 posts

Same thing happened to me but I was really uninterested in the whole tour thing (time and cost). I kept the website up during the day and refreshed it every hour or two and after a couple weeks, some times opened up. I think you can set up the account ahead of time so you're ready to buy when something is available. I don't know how soon tours sell out but you probably have some time and can keep those as a backup if you can't get a ticket directly with the site.

Posted by
312 posts

Ah, I remember it well - the day the June tickets went on sale last year. I started checking at 9 am Milan time, and finally managed to get a ticket about 2 1/2 hours later. I almost gave up because at about 11:30 Milan time it did indeed tell me there were no tickets available. But the little voice in my head said to try it once more, and ... success. I don't know why it's so difficult and confusing.

Posted by
594 posts

I bought my tickets yesterday (3 of them). I bought them between 6:00-6:30 am PST (3 pm Milan time). All of May was available when I was looking and several time slots were available for the day I wanted. Yes, I had a confusing time with the requirement that I had to purchase a separate tour with the tickets, but at about $4-5 a pop I just said screw it (and yes, it's in Italian, which I don't speak). I created my profile for the website the day before in order to make the process much easier, which was a good way to go. I suppose from what I've read on the TripAdvisor forum, and was true for me, the tickets won't go on sale at the exact time the website says they will.

Posted by
13 posts

Does anyone know when tickets will go on sale for July, 2018?? I called and got through today but they were not able to tell me when the July tickets would go on sale.
Thank you
Alina

Posted by
5211 posts

Ryan and Alina,

You’re right, the website does not specify when July tickets will go on sale.

I’d keep checking daily as I presume they will be available any day now! ;-)

Posted by
290 posts

You have to wait... They usually reveal the date about 2 weeks before... Keep checking everyday!

Posted by
213 posts

My wife and I were in Milan for a week last October. At that time, tickets were released in two month blocks. Based on that, July tickets would've been released on their website June 1. From our experience, I started looking in August to make sure I had the pattern figured out, then September 1st (for October) every day until an October day popped up that fit our schedule. I don't know why, but a day/time would open then close; then the next day, a different day/time would open. Complete your online profile in advance so you are prepared to make the purchase as soon as a day/time suits you. BTW, the Last Supper was magnificent. I was prepared to be underwhelmed (so much hype), but it truly exceeded my expectations. Good luck!

Posted by
65 posts

We were in Milan a year and a half ago, so I don't remember all the details. I had figured out from the website when tickets went on sale for the day we were interested in and started trying at midnight Milan time. I woke up during the night and got tickets, it was probably around 9 or 10 AM Milan time.
However, if you don't get tickets, when we went, there were tickets available for some of the other days we were in Milan. I think tour operators hold onto tickets, hoping to have people on their tours, and then at almost the last minute, turn the tickets back and they are available.
It's worth the wait.

Posted by
290 posts

The only chance to get tickets directly at the museum is if they had any cancellations for the day. Those tickets can be sold, and are usually gone by midday.
They don't sell tickets for other days, or tickets from people that didn't show up, if you arrive at 11 and there aren't any more tickets, there's no point in staying there and waiting around.

Posted by
2 posts

I wonder if the site will eventually tell when the tickets for July will go on sale so I can try to get them that day. Hopefully they don't just go on sale without notice. I'd hate for them to sell out.

Posted by
5211 posts

I thought I’d write an update in case it may help others.

I booked my Last Supper Ticket over three months ago and I finally got to see this masterpiece this morning.

When I arrived to pick up my ticket ( 9:30AM), there was a young couple ahead of me and I heard then asking if there were any tickets available for today. The woman behind the counter checked on her computer and told them there were tickets available for 4PM.

So... If you weren’t able to book your tickets in advance, there may still be tickets available when you get to Milan.
I’d suggest getting to the ticket office when they open at 8:15AM (Tuesday -Sunday)

Edited to add...

BTW, the ticket office is located around the corner from the entrance to the Last Supper. As you face the church, look to your left where the entrance to the Last Supper is, then walk to the left around the corner, you’ll see a light grey sign on the wall which reads, “Biglietteria”.

FYI, you’re not allowed to enter with a backpack (or a water bottle); there are lockers you can use at the ticket office.

Your purse or small bag will be searched by a security guard and you’ll have to walk through a metal detector prior to entering the Last Supper “ Museum”.

Hope this help!