Please sign in to post.

Scrovegni chapel in Padua

I’d like to stop at the Scrovegni Chapel in Padua while taking the train from Venice to Bolzano. Does anyone know if there’s a place where we can store our luggage while we tour the chapel? Also how long a stop might be so we can make a timely arrival at our destination.
Thanks, Donna

Posted by
2448 posts

Are you aware that you have to book a visit to the Scrovegni Chapel in advance, on their website? When you arrive for your appointment, you spend 15 minutes in a outer chamber to acclimatize, while watching a video about the restoration of the Chapel, then 15 minutes in the Chapel itself.

Posted by
23 posts

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware that a reservation is necessary. Just trying to see if a visit to the chapel is doable before booking. I admit I haven’t looked at the website recently. Our original trip was cancelled due to positive covid and had to cut our time.

Posted by
6502 posts

Here's a thread from several years ago indicating that there's luggage storage at the Padua station. I suggest checking the link it provides and googling for more current information. I don't remember any luggage storage at the chapel or museum, and I'd be surprised if it was available. Its website should give you a clear answer about that.

Posted by
237 posts

Donna: Several years ago, we stopped off in Padua to see the Scrovegni Chapel while en route from Milan to Venice. We were able to store our bags at the train station. I seem to recall that the Rick Steve's Italy guide had exact information on where the luggage storage area was located. It wasn't a problem; however, just plan enough time to retrieve bags prior to boarding your ongoing train--there may be others in line ahead of you and I think there weren't many staff members available to get everyone's bags quickly. Probably give yourself 15 minutes or so to retrieve your luggage, just to be safe. Enjoy the Chapel, it is fabulous!

Posted by
871 posts

Padova station, Deposito Bagagli is on Platform 1 to the right by the bathrooms.

Posted by
27111 posts

Check signage to be sure the left-luggage operation will be open when you need to retrieve your bags. I wouldn't expect it to be closed for lunch, but better safe than sorry.

Posted by
317 posts

The good news is that the chapel is very close to the train station. You will need a timed entry, much like The Last Supper in Milan, and it doesn't take that long. I'd give myself 2 hours minimum to walk there, get oriented, see the chapel, do some souvenir shopping and walk back to the train station. If you don't mind rushing 90 minutes might work for you. Padova is a great place for a longer visit too. We left Venice on an early train and spend all day there and we loved it. Good luck!