Please sign in to post.

Palermo

Let's try this again. I will be in Palermo in late October for 5 days. I am asking for a neighborhood that is safe and within walking distance to restaurans and pubs. Hotell?

Oscar from Roseville

Posted by
8443 posts

canoop, I was hoping to see replies to your question about upscale chicks🙂.

Just from a one-time evening walking experience, it looked to me that the area north of Quatro Canti and west of Via Roma had a high concentration of expensive shops and restaurants. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Posted by
880 posts

Anywhere in the city center is safe. The main (and pedestrianized) thoroughfare of Via Marqueda between Quattro Canti and Teatro Garibaldi is good. It must be the longest passegiata in Italy with no shortage of places to eat and drink. I think you’ll be surprised to find that central Palermo is mostly chic, with rustic pockets like Viccuria market here and there. La Kalsa is a good neighborhood for nightlife, though more hipster than chic. With five days you’re going to see it all.

Posted by
15168 posts

The Corridor along Via Maqueda and Via Roma (two parallel streets) between the Quattro Canti and all the way to Via della Libertà is the most upscale. You will find plenty of fancy restaurants, wine bars, pubs in all those streets around there.