Please sign in to post.

Ostia Antica

We are staying close to Termini station. Is it worth traveling to this site? It’s our 2nd trip to Rome and we missed it last time. If so, what’s the best way to get there?

Posted by
6861 posts

Yes, it's definitely worth it - I loved Ostia Antica. So much so that I would go back again. So much history and such a beautiful site. You can even bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the grounds while you eat.

It's been awhile since I was there so I don't remember the exact route (although I do remember it was not terribly long) but I'm sure there will be other responses with some advice on transport.

Posted by
40 posts

Great, thanks! I did find a subway/train that will get us there and back.

Posted by
298 posts

Yes! Go! We've been to Pompeii twice, Herculaneum, and OA. It is unique and different than the other two and very well worth your time. Once you get off the train the walk is short and it's easy to find the site.

Posted by
1 posts

We did the best of Rome tour last October. This was BY FAR my favorite part of the trip. It's well worth it. We took a tour bus, so I can't comment on taking the train, but no matter how you get there, it's worth it!

Posted by
11455 posts

Rick Steves’ Rome guidebook has a self-guided walking tour and it was so good as I read the notes to my companion a woman who was just wandering on her own eavesdropped (openly) and said she found it fascinating as well. Highly recommend a visit! If you go in the summer, go as early as possible as it is pretty exposed.