Please sign in to post.

Last Supper tickets

We will be in Milan next Match. How far ahead are the Last Supper tickets released? Do they release a whole calendar month at the same time?

Thanks for your help.

Posted by
5291 posts

Lola,

The Last Supper tickets usually become available 3 months in advance.

Here’s the official website for booking your tickets: https://www.vivaticket.it

Enjoy your trip!

Edited to add...
There are specific dates given on the vivaticket website as to when tickets will be released:

PRE-SALE OPENING:
12th March - 9,30 am: opening reservation for MAy and JUNE 2019 16th
April: opening reservation for JULY 2019 and AUGUST 2019 29th May:
opening reservation for SEPTEMBER 2019 29th July - 9,30 am: opening
reservation for OCTOBER and NOVEMBER 2019

I’d suggest checking the website often, and once you find out when March tickets will become available, you’ll need to be ready to book them.
As you may already know, these tickets sell out within seconds!

Posted by
474 posts

They just announced that the October November tickets go on sale on July 29th so you have awhile before the March tickets. I would check the website towards the middle/end of August to see what the next time period is. These are the past dates that still show on the website but it's hard to figure out their exact pattern.

PRE-SALE OPENING:
12th March - 9,30 am: opening reservation for MAy and JUNE 2019
16th April: opening reservation for JULY 2019 and AUGUST 2019
29th May: opening reservation for SEPTEMBER 2019
29th July - 9,30 am: opening reservation for OCTOBER and NOVEMBER 2019

Edit - I guess we were posting at the same time. I would also recommend setting up an account on the website ahead of time. You will need to do this before you can buy tickets so it will save you several minutes.

Posted by
5472 posts

It may also help to contact your credit card company in advance that a purchase from Italy will occur at that time.
Safe travels!

Posted by
223 posts

These tickets are hard to buy directly. Your best bet is to have pre-registered, and be on the web site, when the tickets go on sale (something like 2 in the morning in America). Keep clicking to try to buy tickets if you don't succeed at first (it took me about a dozen tries before we got a pair). And try to be flexible as to what tickets you will accept--its not likely that you will be lucky enough to get the one specific time you are hoping for.

They sell most of the tickets to tour operators. So, if you don't succeed in buying direct, you will simply have to pay a bit more to pay for a tour that may include things you don't really want to see.

So, its a hassle. But, having gone through it, I thought the experience of seeing the last supper in person was quite worthwhile.

Posted by
17253 posts

Thanks everyone. This is just the information I was seeking. I will watch for the release date, and then register on the website beforehand so I am ready on the day. I am used to this drill for getting a campsite in Yosemite during the high season—-they disappear within minutes of the release time.

Does anyone know the actual time of release in Milan? When we booked La Scalia tickets it was 9 am in Italy so we were on the computer at midnight Pacific Standard Time. Matt (just above) mentioned 2 am but what time zone is that?

Posted by
474 posts

I just checked as I am waiting to jump on October tickets = 9;30 am in Milan is 12:30 am here.

Posted by
5291 posts

Lola,

Does anyone know the actual time of release in Milan?

The information given on the official website says 9:30AM (Milan Time)

A couple of years ago when I was trying to book my ticket, I started checking at 8AM (Milan time), but the tickets weren’t available till around 10:20AM, and the only available time slot was the one that included a guided tour in Italian.

You may be interested in reading this thread: Last Supper Tickets

Good luck!

Posted by
88 posts

We just returned from Italy. We did a tour to see The Last Supper and it was in English. We purchased it from Viator and we also went to the Duomo interior and a walking tour of other areas of Milan on the half day tour. I did enjoy seeing The Last Supper and if you can't get tickets yourself (which is very hard to do) use a tour company. We had one half day we could see The Last Supper and I knew we would have to use a tour company as the odds of getting what we wanted if I got up early and tried online/called would be miniscule. I saved myself the hassle and just bought tickets with a tour company. (Most people have to do it that way.) I still bought the tickets months in advance from the tour company!

Posted by
17253 posts

I see on the vivaticket website that December and January tickets will be released on 19 September. So my March dates could be in the next batch. I hope the release date is not in November, as we will be in Japan most of that month. But it looks like 9:30 am in MIlan is 4:30 pm in Japan, so maybe we will have free time then. At least it won't be 12:30 am like it would be if we were home!

I do have another question. How important is it to book one of the time slots with a guide? Those are 9:30 and 3:30 in English, and 10:00 and 4:00 in Italian. We have just one night in MIlan, and probably will be arriving by train at 14:35, too late to make the 3:30, although we might possibly be OK with the 4. We would like to leave the next morning by 11:30 at the latest, which doesn't comfortably leave enough time for even the earlier morning tour.

I am thinking the other time slots, without the guide, might actually be nice and quiet. That was how we saw the Sistine Chapel---in silence--and it was very moving.

Posted by
296 posts

As you said, t there is no need for booking the guided timeslots.
You can read before, and if you want there are audio guides available for €3,50 per person, or you can just enjoy it in silence, admire it for 15 minutes.