Please sign in to post.

Ischia

Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone would have a recommendation on where to stay in ischia not far from the ferry port and not to far from town. I have no idea and I’m going with a friend for 1 night in May. Any suggestions would be helpful. I think the only thing we would like to do is visit the thermal spas. Thank you

Posted by
1076 posts

I have not been to Ischia. I have contributed to a similar question this year by suggesting Limonata Lounge as a resource, a blog from an American expat who lives on Ischia. Also, here is a trip report from a family who went to Ischia this past summer. Hope this gives you a few links to chase down, sorry I can't help more.

Posted by
7053 posts

Go on www.booking.com and use the map view to locate the hotels near the port. The site has plenty of photos and reviews, and you can filter on several items that may be meaningful to you and your friend.

Posted by
1025 posts

Ischia is great, and the link to ischia review will give you a lot of information. We stayed there in September and can recommend the B7B Villa Lieta in Ischia Ponte. We splurged (160 euros/night) for the top floor suite, which included a couch, kitchenette, and virtually uninterrupted use of the terrace, which looked out on the ocean and the Castle Aragonese, a breath taking tableau. Food is great, with many options.

Travel by bus when you can. A one time ride was 1.40 euros, and a day pass was about 4.50 euros. You can go anywhere you want by bus. One night is hardly enough, because the island is a beautiful change of pace from many areas around Naples. Few Americans (we didn't encounter any) and great spas and beaches. See if you can swing another night--you'll be glad you did.

Posted by
36 posts

Thanks so much for all the great information. I’ll be busy tonite! I also found a site called Katie’s bliss that had some info. Thanks again. Will definitely try for 2 nites.

Posted by
10 posts

Would love to know what you decided as I am following this for a trip in June!

Posted by
36 posts

Hi Karen
We decided to stay 2 nights in Ischia at hotel Ulisse. Got a room with a sea view. Hoping to take a ferry from there to Naples and then train to Rome for our last 3 nights..