Please sign in to post.

Ideas for 10 days in Europe starting in Venice September 2020

My wife and I are planing a trip to Europe and we would like to begin in Venice, we are thinking of doing about 10 days. Would love to hear suggestions for itineraries.
Ideally we would start with 3 days in Venice and from there move on out of Italy, Germany? Switzerland? West to France? East to Croatia? any and all suggestions would be very welcomed.

Posted by
16396 posts

alexei_sefchick, Mike has given you a great place to start. Understand that we don't know anything about you, your style of travel or your interests so any itineraries would be a throw of the dart at the board.

10 days isn't all that much time, and will be significantly less than you think it will be if you are counting arrival and departure days. Off the top of my head, I'd spend it all in Italy, and do the classic first-timer's itinerary of Venice, Florence and Rome. As I'd said above, that's without knowing anything about you

Count your number of NIGHTS on the ground in Europe for the most accurate measure of how much time you have to work with.

Posted by
872 posts

Go to www.skyscanner.com, search multi-city tickets into Venice and out of Rome. Seven nights left, figure 2 stops. Venice round trip, unless the departure flight is in the early AM, take bus or taxi [€35] to the Mestre station and get a train to Rome [3:45]; it stops in Florence [2:14], but once on the train best to go all the way.

Early AM departure from VCE on a round trip you would stay in Venice first, last night at a hotel near the airport. Any round trip vs multi-city you add a hotel change, turn a full day into a travel day.

Disinterest in Florence/Rome there are lots of possibilities for organizing this trip, but with only 7 days you would want to keep transportation time to a minimum.