Please sign in to post.

Firenzecard

If we purchase, how to reserve a time for uffizi gallery? Can you skip all lines with this ticket or do you still reserve a time slot and if yes how?

Posted by
15778 posts

No, you don't need to reserve a time slot at the Uffizi if using the Firenzecard. The only attraction where a prior reservation is mandatory is for the dome of the duomo.

See the FAQ page of the Firenzecard's website:
http://firenzecard.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=119&lang=en

As with any tourist card, ticket lines can be skipped but no one can skip security-check queues if those are in force. There also may not aways be a dedicated queue JUST for card holders; there may be just one for visitors with cards + those who've already purchased tickets.

Posted by
16893 posts

Rules have changed recently for the Accademia Gallery (David), but not for the Uffizi. The Accademia says that Firenze Card holders no longer get priority access, i.e., you no longer go in the same line with reserved folks unless you do make a reservation, but it can be done for free. http://www.galleriaaccademiafirenze.beniculturali.it/

Posted by
15778 posts

Good catch, Laura. They've messed around with that one over the past couple of weeks! First there was a disclaimer on both the Accademia and Firenzecard's websites that priority access had been discontinued as of March 1. Then the Firenzecard site had a 2nd notice that stated that priority access was suspended temporarily.

Now the card's site states that, "The priority access is guaranteed until 31st of March 2019." but doesn't tell people what to do after that date in the FAQs:
http://firenzecard.it/index.php?option=com_eventifc3&view=vistas&task=viewplace&idplace=17&tipo=musei&lang=en

The Accademia's site says:

"We inform that from April 2nd, 2019, to access the Museum as a priority it is necessary to reserve the entrance in advance, without additional costs, by contacting the Florence Museums call center or the dedicated office."

So they've sort of come to an agreement. IMHO, both the Roma Pass and Firenzecard are becoming less of a convenience. This doesn't affect the Uffizi or not yet anyway, gagirls.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks Kathy and Laura. It’s our first Europe visit! We are early birds anyway so will prob get to Accademia when it opens. Won’t have the Firenzecard until we get there and wanting to go the next morning to museums. Thanks

Posted by
11 posts

Questions about Using the Firenze card at the Duomo Buildings:

I’ll be in Florence May 6-10, 2019.

I’m thinking about buying the Firenze Card because it covers all the places I want to see in Florence - Accademia (free reservation now needed even with Firenze Card), Uffizi, Duomo buildings (Museum, Duomo, Cathedral, Baptistry, Campanile – “temporary suspension of priority access” now in effect), Bargello, Basilica di San Croce, Branccci Chapel, Palazzo Pitti/Palatine Gallery, Boboli Garden.

Re: The Duomo Buildings:

I do NOT plan on climbing the Dome - but I want to see all the Duomo buildings (Museum, Duomo, Cathedral, Baptistry, Campanile).

I understand from the Firenze Card web site home page pop-up box that with the Firenze Card there is now a "Temporary suspension of access priority to the Duomo buildings: Campanile di Giotto, Battistero di S.Giovanni, Cripta di Santa Reparata and Museo dell'Opera del Duomo."

My questions:

If I have a Firenze Card:
1. Can I still enter all the Duomo Buildings for FREE?
2. With the “temporary priority access suspension,” what line do I stand in when I arrive at all the Duomo buildings? Do I stand in a ticket-buying line - or - do I stand in a different line for people who have the Firenze Card?
3. Do I need to pre-book day/time reservations in advance for ANY of the Duomo buildings (Museum, Duomo, Cathedral, Baptistry, Campanile) – or can I just show up and go in?
4. If I do have to make any advance day/time reservations – would I do that online? I don’t see any page on the Duomo web site to just make reservations without buying a “Cumulative Ticket”. Or via email? Or do I have to call? If I have to call – what’s the correct phone number for advance reservations?

Thank you in advance for help with any answers.

Posted by
195 posts

From http://www.galleriaaccademiafirenze.beniculturali.it/eventi/1/131/avviso-per-i-possessori-di-firenze-card/ :

"NOTICE FOR HOLDERS OF FIRENZE CARD
The kind visitors are advised that, from April 2nd 2019, to access the Museum as a priority it is necessary to pre-book the entrance, without additional costs, by contacting the Florence Museums call center, tel. 055 294883 (active from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 18.30, Saturday from 8.30 to 12.30) or at the dedicated counters. Firenze Card holders who have not made the reservation will NOT be able to enjoy the priority access."